oc ing with pc 2700

Old August 28th 04, 10:58 PM
Raj

Default oc ing with pc 2700

my ram is pc 2700 am using a7n8x dlx, just need to know if it is okay to oc
my unlocked barton 2500 to 3200 speeds, but will this cause a performance
decrease know how the nforce 400 performance good with sync ram and fsb,
should I leave it oced to a 2800+ with 166 fsb or better performance with
200 fsb increase? and how about stability, which one would cause less
crashing.

Old August 28th 04, 11:04 PM
Ed Light

I thunk you meant to post to
alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old August 29th 04, 11:13 AM
Lee

You will be lucky to get 200fsb out of pc2700 ram if its good branded ram
i.e. corsair or ocz etc... then you will have a good chance at 200fsb
otherwise I wouldn't bother trying it is always best to run the ram 100% in
sync this way you get best performance.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:58:10 -0600, "Raj" wrote:

:my ram is pc 2700 am using a7n8x dlx, just need to know if it is okay to oc
:my unlocked barton 2500 to 3200 speeds, but will this cause a performance
:decrease know how the nforce 400 performance good with sync ram and fsb,
:should I leave it oced to a 2800+ with 166 fsb or better performance with
:200 fsb increase? and how about stability, which one would cause less
:crashing.
:

-----
Lee.