DOOM3 + Geforce2 MX!

Old August 4th 04, 09:50 PM
jafar

Default DOOM3 + Geforce2 MX!

After reading about all the high flyers with their fast cpu's and flashy
5900's and 6800's, I thought I'd post my experience with my lowly system.

AthlonXP 2000+
Geforce 2 MX 64Mb
512Mb RAM

I used auto quality settings which pretty much sets it all on minimum and
640x480.
How does it play? Quite well actually! There are some parts where it turns
into a bit of a slidshow and I have to fire randomly hoping I'll hit
something, but for the most part it's fine although it is the darkest game
I have ever played. Very scary!
How do I do a timedemo so I can post the results? I'm
sure there's a few people out there with less than speedy systems who want
to see if it's worth getting DOOM3
I'll be getting an FX5700 on the weekend, so I'll compare then

cyas

--
Jafar Calley
Registered Linux User #359623

Old August 4th 04, 09:58 PM
Eric

"jafar" wrote in message
news
After reading about all the high flyers with their fast cpu's and flashy
5900's and 6800's, I thought I'd post my experience with my lowly system.

AthlonXP 2000+
Geforce 2 MX 64Mb
512Mb RAM

I used auto quality settings which pretty much sets it all on minimum and
640x480.
How does it play? Quite well actually! There are some parts where it turns
into a bit of a slidshow and I have to fire randomly hoping I'll hit
something, but for the most part it's fine although it is the darkest game
I have ever played. Very scary!
How do I do a timedemo so I can post the results? I'm
sure there's a few people out there with less than speedy systems who want
to see if it's worth getting DOOM3
I'll be getting an FX5700 on the weekend, so I'll compare then

1. While at main menu of game, pull down console by holding down these 3
keys together --- ctrl -- Alt --- ~ (tilde key)
2. type: timedemo demo1
3. Wait for results
4. repeat number 2 (as first result will be slower to load textures
intially).

Old August 5th 04, 01:06 AM
Spack

"Eric" wrote in message
1. While at main menu of game, pull down console by holding down these 3
keys together --- ctrl -- Alt --- ~ (tilde key)

On a UK keyboard it's not the ~ key next to Enter, it's the ¬ key at the top
left next to the 1 (one).

Dan