Problems with Nvidia GForce4 440MMX 128Mb

Old August 2nd 04, 07:37 PM
Major ChrisB

Default Problems with Nvidia GForce4 440MMX 128Mb

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right place, had a browse through some group titles and
this was the closest to what I need.

I have a Nvidia GForce4 440MMX 128Mb in my PC, 2100Mhz Athalon with 1024Meg
ram.

I have no problems watching videos and dvds and playing some games on my PC.
I play Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 and Championship Manager 2003/04 regularly
with no problems. I also never had any problems with Vice City or the Elite
Force games.

Now the point. I recently downloaded a few games and when I try and play
them I get what can only be described as a red hue over the screen, like the
whole thing is in Red and Black rather than the full colour. sometimes
backgrounds are in the right colour but the moving objects like a car or a
character walking around are in black and red, sometimes in just black and
red colour, sometimes black and red lines.

I've had this happen most recently with Jurassic Park, Operartion Genesis
and older games such as Sniper 2, Robot Wars Extreme Distruction and even
very old games like Theme Park.

I downloaded the latest driver update as per the Nvidia website today but
still no help. Can anyone offer any advice that may help me out with this?

Old August 3rd 04, 02:04 AM
Steven K

"Major ChrisB" wrote in message

[...]

maybe a heat problem?

Old August 3rd 04, 04:27 AM
Major ChrisB

"Steven K" wrote in message
[...]

I have the processor cooler fan, the chips own cooler fan plus 3 fans inside
the power unit keeping the whole thing pretty cold to the touch

plus it doesn't do it when watching any videos or dvds but will do it as
sooon as the games are loaded

Old August 3rd 04, 05:44 PM
CapFusion

"Major ChrisB" wrote in message
.. .

I have the processor cooler fan, the chips own cooler fan plus 3 fans

inside
the power unit keeping the whole thing pretty cold to the touch

plus it doesn't do it when watching any videos or dvds but will do it as
sooon as the games are loaded

Most likely your video card is a warning sign that it about to die. Those
games require to process 3D instruction and will cause your GPU to increase
heat. DVD and VIDEO do not require much process. The more 3D graphic it need
to process, the worst it will get.

Try checking your heat when playing those games need to process 3D graphic,
especially when there alot of image fill the whole screen.

CapFusion,...

Old August 3rd 04, 06:56 PM
Granulated

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 19:37:34 +0100 "Major ChrisB"
meeped :

Can anyone offer any advice that may help me out with this?

Get a better card... ( ;¬ D)

Lo
--