Which 128Mb card?

Old February 28th 04, 06:49 PM
JCH

Default Which 128Mb card?

Hi people,

I'm totally confused about the relative merits of the various chipsets in
the cards - anybody got any firm recommendations for a 128Mb card in the
affordable price-range? Or conversely, any ones to avoid?

John

Old February 28th 04, 08:32 PM
Phil DeNapoli

PNY FX5900XT real nice upgrade from my old PNY TI 4200.About 200.00.
Qverclock this 5900XT to 5900 speeds.Real nice...........................

Old February 28th 04, 09:11 PM
chris

The Aopen fx5900 from dabs is a bit of a bargain at around £140 plus 5 or 6
p&p

Its even £9 *cheaper* than the fx5900xt (slower memory).
Only one comment, download the newest drivers from nvidia site (I used
53.03's) as Aopen for some reason only put the 44.04's on the drivers disc
with mine.
For the money I dont believe there is a better card, although radeon 9800pro
128mb models are falling to around 180.

Aopen fx5900 @ £140 link:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/comp...quicklinx=2S00

hth