FX5600-XT Got sick of it... Took it back and swapped for FX5700 - Much difference...

Old February 27th 04, 01:11 AM
Bruce Tyler

Default FX5600-XT Got sick of it... Took it back and swapped for FX5700 - Much difference...

I really regretted ever getting the FX5600, so this morning I scraped
a few more bucks together and phoned the shop I got the 5600 from and
asked if I could bring it back, pay the difference and take something
a little better. He agreed,, so I did.. Now I have a Leadtek 5700 of
some description,, who cares, it goes a lot better... I am happy
now... I don't even want any technical specs on this card.. It goes
better and that's all that counts for me right now....

The smile has returned to my face....(--:
Old February 27th 04, 01:09 PM
Dark Avenger

Bruce Tyler wrote in message . ..
I really regretted ever getting the FX5600, so this morning I scraped
a few more bucks together and phoned the shop I got the 5600 from and
asked if I could bring it back, pay the difference and take something
a little better. He agreed,, so I did.. Now I have a Leadtek 5700 of
some description,, who cares, it goes a lot better... I am happy
now... I don't even want any technical specs on this card.. It goes
better and that's all that counts for me right now....

The smile has returned to my face....(--:

5600XT, a 5600 chip with an 64-bits memory interface that is craps
even more as an FX5200 Ultra ( with 128bits memory bus ) is ofcourse
to be expected!
Old February 28th 04, 09:40 AM
Darthy

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:11:33 +1300, Bruce Tyler wrote:

I really regretted ever getting the FX5600, so this morning I scraped
a few more bucks together and phoned the shop I got the 5600 from and
asked if I could bring it back, pay the difference and take something
a little better. He agreed,, so I did.. Now I have a Leadtek 5700 of
some description,, who cares, it goes a lot better... I am happy
now... I don't even want any technical specs on this card.. It goes
better and that's all that counts for me right now....

The smile has returned to my face....(--:

hmmm.... for the same price of the 5700Ultra ($200) you could pick up
a 5900 or 5900Ultra in many places.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old February 28th 04, 02:04 PM
Sam Higgins

"Bruce Tyler" wrote in message
I really regretted ever getting the FX5600, so this morning I scraped
a few more bucks together and phoned the shop I got the 5600 from and
asked if I could bring it back, pay the difference and take something
a little better. He agreed,, so I did.. Now I have a Leadtek 5700 of
some description,, who cares, it goes a lot better... I am happy
now... I don't even want any technical specs on this card.. It goes
better and that's all that counts for me right now....

The smile has returned to my face....(--:

I bought one to replace my Geforce 4 and my G4 out performed it. The new
card I plugged in was slower than the old one! The GFX 5600XT burns my
bottom every time I think about it. I should put a post in hear weekly about
this card to warn people not to buy it. Like you, I took it back and got
something different.

Old February 28th 04, 06:18 PM
stephen voss

Dark Avenger wrote:
Bruce Tyler wrote in message . ..

I really regretted ever getting the FX5600, so this morning I scraped
a few more bucks together and phoned the shop I got the 5600 from and
asked if I could bring it back, pay the difference and take something
a little better. He agreed,, so I did.. Now I have a Leadtek 5700 of
some description,, who cares, it goes a lot better... I am happy
now... I don't even want any technical specs on this card.. It goes
better and that's all that counts for me right now....

The smile has returned to my face....(--:

Considering that the price difference between a 256mb 5600xt and a 256mb
5700 is about 30 or 40 US dollars. Its probably worth it to get the 5700.

Anyway you have a nice shop owner.
Old February 28th 04, 06:32 PM
Bruce Tyler

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:04:09 GMT, "Sam Higgins"
wrote:

"Bruce Tyler" wrote in message
.. .
I really regretted ever getting the FX5600, so this morning I scraped
a few more bucks together and phoned the shop I got the 5600 from and
asked if I could bring it back, pay the difference and take something
a little better. He agreed,, so I did.. Now I have a Leadtek 5700 of
some description,, who cares, it goes a lot better... I am happy
now... I don't even want any technical specs on this card.. It goes
better and that's all that counts for me right now....

The smile has returned to my face....(--:

I bought one to replace my Geforce 4 and my G4 out performed it. The new
card I plugged in was slower than the old one! The GFX 5600XT burns my
bottom every time I think about it. I should put a post in hear weekly about
this card to warn people not to buy it. Like you, I took it back and got
something different.

I just couldn't believe that such a poorly designed card could be
released to the public at large. I mean,, what were they thinking..???
What drugs were they taking at the time..??? My Ti4200 most certainly
did a better job, well at least in the frames per second department it
did... Textures looked a lot better with the FX5600 but what's the
good of that if you can count the frames as they stagger by..???

I never did plan to update the Ti4200 and I had seen a few posts
saying that the new FX stuff was not that good but because my brother
updated his PC with my older parts (Asus A7M266,, PC2100x512mb,,
XP2000+),, he too thought he might update from his GeForce 2 MX card,,
and bought the FX5600. He previously had P-III 550.. It would not
work with that m/b no matter what I tried so I thought it "might" be a
good idea to put my Ti4200 in with the m/b since they had lived
together for the previous 12 months happily... That was the big
mistake. My brother took hi new-ish PC away nice and happy and I was
left to find out just how much I had gone backwards in the graphics...
I could only live with that for 2 days...

The FX5700 is quite a bit better. I can't believe that there is such a
difference between the two. As a guess, I would say that this FX5700
would be equal to a Ti4600 or thereabouts. In the past, I had gone
from a GeForce 2 Pro to a GeForce 4 MX440 to the Ti4200 and then onto
the FX5700. Each jump sort of had the same eye opening leap in
performance. I "was" thinking of going to a Ti4600 if the prices
dropped enough to justify it,, but,, they never did.. Until just
recently, Ti4600 prices still were about equal to or more than the
FX5700's price I just payed. Now,, you can't find any at all...
Old February 29th 04, 01:19 AM
Sam Higgins

$

I never did plan to update the Ti4200 and I had seen a few posts
saying that the new FX stuff was not that good but because my brother
updated his PC with my older parts (Asus A7M266,, PC2100x512mb,,
XP2000+),, he too thought he might update from his GeForce 2 MX card,,
and bought the FX5600. He previously had P-III 550.. It would not
work with that m/b no matter what I tried so I thought it "might" be a
good idea to put my Ti4200 in with the m/b since they had lived
together for the previous 12 months happily... That was the big
mistake. My brother took hi new-ish PC away nice and happy and I was
left to find out just how much I had gone backwards in the graphics...
I could only live with that for 2 days...

I was replacing a Ti4200. Those were good cards.

The FX5700 is quite a bit better. I can't believe that there is such a
difference between the two. As a guess, I would say that this FX5700
would be equal to a Ti4600 or thereabouts. In the past, I had gone
from a GeForce 2 Pro to a GeForce 4 MX440 to the Ti4200 and then onto
the FX5700. Each jump sort of had the same eye opening leap in
performance. I "was" thinking of going to a Ti4600 if the prices
dropped enough to justify it,, but,, they never did.. Until just
recently, Ti4600 prices still were about equal to or more than the
FX5700's price I just payed. Now,, you can't find any at all...

From word on the street and a few friends that have them, the FX5700's are a
good card. Rest easy my friend.