Ti4200 broken?

Old February 24th 04, 01:03 AM
Shepİ

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:27:12 -0000 Knowing the password "reg"
wrote :

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message
What about re-installing the motherboards chipset drivers and/or

DirectX?

Thanks - tried that this morning with no luck. I used the new VIA drivers
which made no difference. I am fast thinking the card has had it (

Reg

Does the card run games?

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old February 24th 04, 02:37 AM
PRIVATE1964

That's weird. Usually bad memory will be specks or flashing letters
and symbols.....really random things on the screen. That is too uniform of a
pattern to be bad memory if you ask me. Does the pattern change or stay the
same?
Old February 24th 04, 08:58 AM
reg

wrote :

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message
What about re-installing the motherboards chipset drivers and/or

DirectX?

Thanks - tried that this morning with no luck. I used the new VIA drivers
which made no difference. I am fast thinking the card has had it (

Reg

Does the card run games?

No, games are the big problem, withy lock ups, freezing, corruption and
missing graphics.

Reg

Old February 24th 04, 08:22 PM
Shepİ

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:58:45 -0000 Knowing the password "reg"
wrote :

.. .
wrote :

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message
What about re-installing the motherboards chipset drivers and/or
DirectX?

Thanks - tried that this morning with no luck. I used the new VIA drivers
which made no difference. I am fast thinking the card has had it (

Reg

Does the card run games?

No, games are the big problem, withy lock ups, freezing, corruption and
missing graphics.

Reg

Reseat card so it,"Clicks" into place.
Enter mother board BIOS and check that the assign IRQ to PCI VGA is
enabled if there is this option.
Set AGP aperture to 64 meg.
Set Video card to boot AGP 1st.
Re-boot to Safemode/Device Manager and remove ALL traces of the card's
driver entries and re-boot.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de
Old February 25th 04, 08:43 AM
reg

"Shepİ" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:58:45 -0000 Knowing the password "reg"
wrote :

.. .
wrote :

"PRIVATE1964" wrote in message
What about re-installing the motherboards chipset drivers and/or
DirectX?

Thanks - tried that this morning with no luck. I used the new VIA

drivers
which made no difference. I am fast thinking the card has had it (

Reg

Does the card run games?

No, games are the big problem, withy lock ups, freezing, corruption and
missing graphics.

Reg

Reseat card so it,"Clicks" into place.
Enter mother board BIOS and check that the assign IRQ to PCI VGA is
enabled if there is this option.
Set AGP aperture to 64 meg.
Set Video card to boot AGP 1st.
Re-boot to Safemode/Device Manager and remove ALL traces of the card's
driver entries and re-boot.

Thanks for the advice - I followed it but still the card doesn't work, so I
guess it is off to the shops for a new one.

Reg