Constant wavy lines with GeForce FX 5200

Old February 12th 04, 04:52 AM
Martin Binder

Default Constant wavy lines with GeForce FX 5200

I just installed a new PNY Verto GeForce FX 5200 128 MB video card.
Everything works great, games run fine, but I constantly have these wavy
lines going across my entire screen. With a very colorful background it's
hardly noticeable, but with a white or gray background it's pretty bad. I'm
using a Samsung 955DF monitor at 1280x1024 at 60Hz, and all of my other
refresh rate choices (70, 72 and 75) are even worse. I'm running Windows XP
professional on a P4 1.5 Ghz with 768 MB RAM. I did not have this problem
with my last video card (ATI Radeon 32 MB). I also downloaded and installed
the latest drivers from PNY's web site, no help.

Anyone else having this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated,
thanks!

Martin Binder

Old February 12th 04, 05:04 AM
Martin Binder

"Daniel" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...

Have you tried adjusting your monitor settings ?

I just went through all of the monitor settings and nothing helped...

Martin

Old February 24th 04, 04:19 AM
yunus

Are they like echoing wavy lines next to the right side of objects?
For example on the right side of a window on desktop? And on the right
of the mouse cursor? Right click on desktop and see the menu, is its
right side wavy and all other sides ok?
Not that I know a good solution yet, but I have a similar problem,
same card.
I mananaged to reduce it to 1/3 but it is still there. It seems like a
low quality jpg image. I have been compressing all my images with the
highest jpg quality setting, and now my whole screen is a low quality
jpg image.
I know a bit about electronics and this thing is called "reflection".
It is a major mistake for a manufacturer to have reflection, because
avoiding it on a card does not cost anything for the manufacturer, and
the necessary knowledge is basic electronics of the lowest grade. May
be we need to upgrade our drivers, or something simple like this.

Old February 24th 04, 09:33 AM
yunus

I found the monitor term for it: ghosting.

It is explained in this faq http://www.tweak3d.net/faq/faq.html

Don't get happy, it seems our problem falls under the section
"ghostingpoorly designed/dodgy cards".

Old February 25th 04, 08:16 AM
yunus

I returned the card. Waiting for the new one.
Thanks God the shop was very kind about it all.