MSI G4 Ti4200-VTD8X 128Megs - Comments and $$$

Old January 19th 04, 11:08 AM
Pete

Default MSI G4 Ti4200-VTD8X 128Megs - Comments and $$$

Hi Peeps - I have been offered a new MSI G4 Ti4200-VTD8X 128Megs with all
the CDs and cables and stuff and would like to know two things please:-

1) What do you folks think of this particular card/supplier?

2) What do you think I should pay for this card?

As far as usage is concerned, my game playing is minimal to the extent that
I seriously can not tell you the difference between Quake III and Doom III.
;-]]

Look forward to your thoughts.
Old January 19th 04, 12:24 PM
Granulated

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:08:32 GMT Pete meeped :

Hi Peeps - I have been offered a new MSI G4 Ti4200-VTD8X 128Megs with all
the CDs and cables and stuff and would like to know two things please:-

1) What do you folks think of this particular card/supplier?

2) What do you think I should pay for this card?

As far as usage is concerned, my game playing is minimal to the extent that
I seriously can not tell you the difference between Quake III and Doom III.
;-]]

Look forward to your thoughts.

I used one in my main machine from August until a week ago.

If you have a decent CPU (2.4 ghz or better) It will handle all games at an
acceptable frame rate apart from some of the
more advanced direct x engine games..such as Splinter Cell !

but..I have to admit, the only reason I bought it was because I was benefited by
Savastore's advertising bungle. They showed it for about 50 quid when they
intended to show a price of about 99. They let me have it for 63 quid in the
end.

Old January 20th 04, 08:56 AM
Darthy

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:08:32 GMT, Pete wrote:

Hi Peeps - I have been offered a new MSI G4 Ti4200-VTD8X 128Megs with all
the CDs and cables and stuff and would like to know two things please:-

1) What do you folks think of this particular card/supplier?

MSI? Very good products... build servers with their boards. Owned 2
video cards from them.

2) What do you think I should pay for this card?

VIVO- Right? About $120... new?

As far as usage is concerned, my game playing is minimal to the extent that
I seriously can not tell you the difference between Quake III and Doom III.

Yeah you would... it's like comparing Quake III to Doom 1.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old January 20th 04, 04:01 PM
Pete

Thanks for the input. I managed to get one from eBay complete and new and
including shipping for 123 bucks so I guess I have a good card at a good
price.

Pete

Darthy wrote in
:

Old January 21st 04, 08:17 AM
Darthy

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:01:47 GMT, Pete wrote:

Thanks for the input. I managed to get one from eBay complete and new and
including shipping for 123 bucks so I guess I have a good card at a good
price.

Pete

Sounds good to me. enjoy.

Old January 21st 04, 01:38 PM
Nada

Pete wrote:
Hi Peeps - I have been offered a new MSI G4 Ti4200-VTD8X 128Megs with all
the CDs and cables and stuff and would like to know two things please:-

1) What do you folks think of this particular card/supplier?

The non 8x models were crappy looking for the eye, but the new ones
are pretty good looking and for the ear it's very pleasant. They make
less noise than an aquarium with one bored dragonfish and a dead
shrimp.

2) What do you think I should pay for this card?

As far as usage is concerned, my game playing is minimal to the extent that
I seriously can not tell you the difference between Quake III and Doom III.
;-]]

Look forward to your thoughts.

"Quake III" runs like Ben Johnson on speed pills with just about any
card. And I assume the upcoming "Doom III" will run like a guy with
no legs with almost any card manufactured before 2003, including
Ti4200 models.