Refresh Problem

Old December 13th 03, 08:15 PM
Michael

Default Refresh Problem

I am running windows 98 se with geforce TI card on the 44.03 drivers, i have
only had these drivers on apart from the original drivers taht come witht
the card and sometime when i boot up my desktop reverts back to 800x600
instead of the 1024x768 is the drivers not right for this card or do i need
a patch for the 44.03 drivers to wok with 98se. Please help me its very
annoying at the moment

cheers mike

Old December 13th 03, 08:30 PM
GoldyGopher

Well....unless I'm missing something here, you could just get new drivers at
www.nvidia.com. It might just be a quirk, but since it does it after a
restart...make sure you set your resolution settings correctly, then restart
and see if it still goes back to 800x600 (start-settings-control
panel-display- settings tab). If that doesn't work, then try new drivers,
and if that doesn't work...its not as simple to troubleshoot. Try those
first though.

Old December 13th 03, 08:56 PM
GoldyGopher

Per some of the earlier posts today...try these drivers for your Win98
machine if simply setting your resolution settings doesn't work. Sorry if
this sounds a little pedantic...

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_53.04

Old December 14th 03, 02:16 PM
Shep©

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 20:15:19 -0000 Singing Yo-Ho-Ho and a Merry KMA
"Michael" wrote :

I am running windows 98 se with geforce TI card on the 44.03 drivers, i have
only had these drivers on apart from the original drivers taht come witht
the card and sometime when i boot up my desktop reverts back to 800x600
instead of the 1024x768 is the drivers not right for this card or do i need
a patch for the 44.03 drivers to wok with 98se. Please help me its very
annoying at the moment

cheers mike

If you updated at anytime from a 3XXX series set of drivers then use
the 30 to 40 fix From guru 3D,
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/
Also whilst there get,"Rivatuner" and use it to go through all your
settings as it has a built in hidden registry fixer,
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,