Low Framerate

Old December 10th 03, 04:20 PM
Eric Michalski

Default Low Framerate

Can anyone tell me why my frame rates are much lower than they should be. Is
there a tweak or something else that I have not configured properly? I am
only managing about 35%-50% of the frame rates that I should be getting.
Please help!!

Here are the specs of my system:
Asus P4C8000 Deluxe
P4 2.4 GHz
1 GB DRAM 333Mhz
Maxtor 120 GB HD
Asus Geforce FX 5200
16X DVD

Old December 10th 03, 04:42 PM
Dan

Without sounding insulting you are using a low end videocard. What are you
expecting for framerates? The reason NVIDIA scrapped the N30 is it was a
total disappointment and that is why you can pick up a FX5200 for next to
nothing. If you want high framerates get a FX5900.

Old December 10th 03, 05:42 PM
Sondog

Not knowing if this is a newly built system or an upgrade, make sure your
agp setting is correct. Not set at 1 or2x.

Jeff

Old December 10th 03, 06:40 PM

It would have nice if you would have posted your frame rates so we could see
them but you have a low end 5200 card which is a nice low budget card, but
the low frame rates are to be expected. To boost your frame rates slightly
higher you would need a better video card and ideally a faster processor as
well. If you are measuring frame rates in 3d mark 2003 for example several
of the tests also involve CPU testing. Luckily you don't have to spend an
arm and a leg for better frame rates. Look at http://www.pricewatch.com for
example and look for middle range video cards which give good frame rates
and many of them overclock extremely well.

regards

Old December 10th 03, 07:29 PM
Seahorse

Following prompt first aid from the medic "Eric Michalski"
managed to scrawl the following
bloodstained message On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:20:00 -0500:

Can anyone tell me why my frame rates are much lower than they should be. Is
there a tweak or something else that I have not configured properly? I am
only managing about 35%-50% of the frame rates that I should be getting.
Please help!!

Here are the specs of my system:
Asus P4C8000 Deluxe
P4 2.4 GHz
1 GB DRAM 333Mhz
Maxtor 120 GB HD
Asus Geforce FX 5200
16X DVD

Obviously slap on all the relevant patches for your hardware, i.e. the
current ones. You give no indication of what games fail to perform...
---------
Rgds Mike
Remove XXX to reply

"Repent!" Cried the Tick-Tock Man
"********!" replied the Harlequin

WWW.Dead-Fish.Com - Deep Sea Daddies...
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...s=the_Seahorse

Old December 11th 03, 06:01 PM
John Fraser

Good afternoon Eric;

"Eric Michalski" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me why my frame rates are much lower than they should be.

Is
there a tweak or something else that I have not configured properly? I am
only managing about 35%-50% of the frame rates that I should be getting.
Please help!!

Here are the specs of my system:
Asus P4C8000 Deluxe
P4 2.4 GHz
1 GB DRAM 333Mhz
Maxtor 120 GB HD
Asus Geforce FX 5200
16X DVD

Not sure what you mean by low. Some consider less than 85 to be low.
Frame rates are affected by several things - resolution and colours, refresh
rates of card & monitor, and Vsynch. What do you think that you should be
getting?

Cheers,
John