Fixing Fan on LeadTek A250UltraTD?

Old December 3rd 03, 03:20 PM
Blainer

Default Fixing Fan on LeadTek A250UltraTD?

One of the fans on my LeadTek A250UltraTD ti4600-based boards is dying.. can
I just take it apart and lube it? It looks like there's just a couple
screws holding it on.

Or, could I just put a new one on? Wasn't able to find any info on
LeadTek's site about this.

Thanks.

Old December 3rd 03, 03:41 PM
NDF

"Blainer" wrote in message
One of the fans on my LeadTek A250UltraTD ti4600-based boards is dying..

can
I just take it apart and lube it? It looks like there's just a couple
screws holding it on.

Or, could I just put a new one on? Wasn't able to find any info on
LeadTek's site about this.

Thanks.

Why not just RMA it to them and let them do it.

Old December 5th 03, 03:50 AM
phobos

NDF wrote:

"Blainer" wrote in message

One of the fans on my LeadTek A250UltraTD ti4600-based boards is dying..

can

I just take it apart and lube it? It looks like there's just a couple
screws holding it on.

Or, could I just put a new one on? Wasn't able to find any info on
LeadTek's site about this.

Thanks.

Why not just RMA it to them and let them do it.

Unless you like waiting for a turn around time, absolutely demand a
cross-ship agreement. You'll need a credit card for tracking and
insurance purposes. That way you get your card and the onus is upon you
to return the broken one.

Old December 5th 03, 11:01 AM
Crypto

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:20:32 -0600, "Blainer"
wrote:

One of the fans on my LeadTek A250UltraTD ti4600-based boards is dying.. can
I just take it apart and lube it? It looks like there's just a couple
screws holding it on.

Or, could I just put a new one on? Wasn't able to find any info on
LeadTek's site about this.

Thanks.

If you email them, they will send you a form to fill out and then send
you a replacement fan. There is no need to send the whole card back
to replace a fan. I did this with a card no longer in warranty with
them and they charged me shipping only for a fan. They actually
responded fairly quickly to my email, I was surprised.