53.03's

Old November 20th 03, 06:36 AM
edde

Default 53.03's

Anyone tried the official 53.03 drivers on evga's site?
Apparently has some fixes since the 52.16's

Old November 20th 03, 10:07 AM
JOE

I want to try them but they will not download.Get a the page will not open
message.

Old November 20th 03, 11:36 AM
Bigguy

They download at Guru3D
http://download.guru3d.com/pafiledb....on=file&id=702
EVGA link seems to be having FTP trouble...
http://www.evga.com/support/downloads/default.asp
Haven't tried 'em yet....

Guy

Old November 20th 03, 08:35 PM
John Lewis

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:47:38 -0500, "JOE" wrote:

Have the 53.03 driver but can't get the exe to load them.Have the 52.70
installed now.How do I get the 53.03's to install?

They install fine over 52.16, presumably since they are semi-official
(fully sanctioned by eVGA, see readme). Since 5270 is a
jacked-release, it may contain some left-over test junk that is
interfering with the 53.03 install. Use Nasty File Remover, or
Detonator RIP and try again.

The driver works just fine, but have not yet tried it out on
things supposed to be fixed.

I downloaded 53.03 from the eVGA site. Just have to be a little
persistent with manual retriggering of GetRight. Took me about
2 minutes to wedge myself in. Download was very speedy.

( BTW, I have a eVGA 5900 - nVidia reference design, works great )

John Lewis

Old November 21st 03, 12:53 PM
ginfest

"edde" wrote in message
Anyone tried the official 53.03 drivers on evga's site?
Apparently has some fixes since the 52.16's

Workin' great here with my BFG 5900nu at 475/950.
Running the following at 1280x960/ 4xAA/8xAF and great FPS
NHL 2004
NBA 2004
Madden 2004
KOTOR
COD
IL2:FB
Had to take my 9800P out because of the COD crashes and general ATI driver
crap with anything OpenGL- the 9800 is a nice card but as usual the drivers
leave much to be desired when it comes to OpenGL, whereas the NV drivers
have always "just worked" for me.

Mike G

---

Old November 22nd 03, 04:29 PM
edde

"ginfest" wrote in message

Workin' great here with my BFG 5900nu at 475/950.
Running the following at 1280x960/ 4xAA/8xAF and great FPS
NHL 2004
NBA 2004
Madden 2004
KOTOR
COD
IL2:FB
Had to take my 9800P out because of the COD crashes and general ATI driver
crap with anything OpenGL- the 9800 is a nice card but as usual the

drivers
leave much to be desired when it comes to OpenGL, whereas the NV drivers
have always "just worked" for me.

Mike G

I've tried Madden 2004, and it plays a little slow, and somewhat choppy, in
some spots. Does this sound right?
Probably drops as low as 10fps in some places.
I use 1024x768 2xAA, 4xFSAA, Performance Settings

Barton 2800+
FX5900 (430/900)
A7N8X Deluxe
1GB PC3200 Memory
WinXP Sp1

Old November 23rd 03, 02:45 PM
ginfest

"edde" wrote in message
"ginfest" wrote in message

[...]

Running "Fraps" I get constant mid-40s-50s FPS at 1280x960 4xAA/8xAF. I can
boost that to mid-60s by lowering AA to 2x, AF to 4x but it's smooth at the
4x/8x setting
Not sure why yours is "choppy", maybe some background stuff running or a
game/driver setting?
I'm running a P4 HT at 3.1G/1024 PC3500 DDR
Mike G

---

Old November 23rd 03, 04:44 PM
edde

"ginfest" wrote in message

Running "Fraps" I get constant mid-40s-50s FPS at 1280x960 4xAA/8xAF. I

can
boost that to mid-60s by lowering AA to 2x, AF to 4x but it's smooth at

the
4x/8x setting
Not sure why yours is "choppy", maybe some background stuff running or a
game/driver setting?
I'm running a P4 HT at 3.1G/1024 PC3500 DDR
Mike G

---

Nope, not running anything in the background. No virus scanners or anything.