How to force vertical sync off?

Old November 23rd 03, 09:07 AM
Daniele Grassi

Default How to force vertical sync off?

Hi
I have a trouble with Pro Evolution Soccer 3, too slow if vertical sync is
on with DirectX. How to force it off? I could'nt find any useful option in
the nvidia control panel...
My video card is the Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 440.
Thanx

Daniele

Old November 23rd 03, 04:31 PM
PRIVATE1964

Search for a program called Reforce. It will force refresh rates for the
resolutions you want in Direct3D and OpenGL. You only need to run it once. It
makes changes in the registry. Works pretty good. Sorry I don't have a link for
it.
Old November 23rd 03, 06:17 PM
Robert Pendell

You can disable it by going to the Direct3D part of the Nvidia control
panel. In there, click on "More Direct3D". The option "Vertical Sync Mode"
is what you want. It will be defaulted to "Auto-select". Change it to
"Always off" and that will turn it off permanently.

--
Robert Pendell