Problems with NVIDIA FX GO 5600 and SuSE Linux 8.2

Old October 10th 03, 03:35 PM
Alexander Deckert

Default Problems with NVIDIA FX GO 5600 and SuSE Linux 8.2

Hi there,

Linux newbie needs help!

I wanted to install SuSE Linux 8.2 on my Sony Vaio Notebook PCG-GRT 785E
with a NVIDIA FX GO 5600
The Installation worked properly. When I wanted to cofigure the NVIDIA Card
I always got black screen. Then I installed the new driver
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4496-pkg2.run (I hope it was the right one). The Kernel
was compiled and the driver was installed. When I tried to start sax2 to
configure my card i got the same black screen.

What can I Do?????????????

Please help!

Greetings from Germany

Alexander Deckert

Old November 3rd 03, 10:19 PM
Tristan Graham

Hi,

If anyone has had any joy with resolving this issue I would be very
interested. I have an identical issue with the new Dell Inspiron 8600
which has an Nvidia FX 5650 Go card (flip chip version of the 5600?).
Can boot into X windows with vesa drivers but only get a backlit black
screen with the "nvidia" driver.

Thanks in advance.

Tristan Graham.

Old January 6th 04, 11:35 PM
here i am

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:19:39 -0800, Tristan Graham wrote:

[...]

have inspiron 8200; here's my /etc/XF86Config:

===================begin===================

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Default Layout"
Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0