Need urgent help with broken capacitator on MSI GF4 Ti4200 please

Old September 30th 03, 08:16 PM

Default Need urgent help with broken capacitator on MSI GF4 Ti4200 please

Hello!

A few hours ago I tried to install a Zalman 80C Heatpipe on my MSI GF4
4200 (64 MB, AGP 4x, not one of the newer 8x models).
In the process of removing the old cooler/fan I broke a capacitator (I
think at least that it's a capacitator...).

Now it would be very kind if someone with the same model or someone
with a different model who is 100% sure that his card uses the same
capacitator as on mine could tell me the exact specifications of this
capacitator. Mine is broken and can't be measured anymore
I have a friend who should have no problem soldering the same
capacitator onto the card, but of course first we need to know which
capacitator exactly.

The one that is broken is on the backside of the card, it is about 4mm
south of the mounting hole, the printed part number on the PCB is
C105.

I also made a photo with the place where the capacitator should be,
this is the URL:
http://people.freenet.de/cklover/4200.jpg
(the capacitator has been completely removed already in this photo).

Maybe someone also knows the function of this capacitator and whether
it is possible to run the card without it maybe...

thanks for your help,

R. Renner
Old September 30th 03, 10:40 PM
Patch

" Robert Renner wrote in message
[...]

With an ID # of C105, it's a capacitor. It would have been more help had you
furnished a photo of the cap. Is it a surface mount, or a tubular type. If
tubular, what markings are on it? (Yes, you will need the cap before
operating the card.)

Old September 30th 03, 11:21 PM
)-()-(

" wrote:

[...]

C260 and C236 and C105 I would guess are decoupling caps.
I would bet $5 the card would work at default speeds OK.
If it was mine, I would at least try it.

Old September 30th 03, 11:27 PM
Robert Renner

" Robert Renner wrote in message
.. .
[...]

it looked like C236. maybe a little bit smaller or larger, but
otherwise like C236