What happend ?

Old September 7th 03, 09:06 PM
Romano Cule

Default What happend ?

I have XP Barton 2800+
MSI KT3V
512 DDR 2700
Gainward GF 3 Ti 500
and 3d mark score is 9850

and i recently replecad with Gainward FX 5200 ultra and my score went down
to 6700????
Whata f*** is going on here ??!Fx 5200 is not 64 bit version,it is 128?

Old September 7th 03, 09:17 PM
spamtrap@localhost

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 22:06:15 +0200, "Romano Cule"
wrote:

and i recently replecad with Gainward FX 5200 ultra and my score went down
to 6700????
Whata f*** is going on here ??!Fx 5200 is not 64 bit version,it is 128?

What did you expect from a 5200? Its crap.
Help make Usenet a better place:
Don't top post. Trim your messages to include only relevent text.
Old September 7th 03, 10:02 PM
mike

wrote:

I have XP Barton 2800+
MSI KT3V
512 DDR 2700
Gainward GF 3 Ti 500
and 3d mark score is 9850

and i recently replecad with Gainward FX 5200 ultra and my score went down
to 6700????
Whata f*** is going on here ??!Fx 5200 is not 64 bit version,it is 128?

You went to a less powerful card, therefore the scores went down.

Old September 7th 03, 10:26 PM
TheCroW

I have XP Barton 2800+
MSI KT3V
512 DDR 2700
Gainward GF 3 Ti 500
and 3d mark score is 9850

and i recently replecad with Gainward FX 5200 ultra and my score went down
to 6700????
Whata f*** is going on here ??!Fx 5200 is not 64 bit version,it is 128?

Like the others said: GF 3 Ti 500 is "better" then a FX5200 .... I know it's
sounds crazy but is is true. It all caused by the marketing trick NVidia is
doing: let it sound if all the FX cards are the best, yet do not mention the
fact that some FX cards have chipsets on them that will be outrun by for
example a GF3 Ti 500 .... ok, the FX cards will use features that are not on
a GF3 but performance wise cards like the FX 5200 are not that good.
They did that marketing trick with succes when the GF4's came out and I
think they will continue to use this trick.

--
Menno
=====================

Old September 7th 03, 11:46 PM
Blue's Clues

In agreement with what everyone also said, here is an example...

My GF2 GTS would score around 4700 on 3D Mark2001SE, my GF4 Ti scores over
12000.

My buddy's FX5200 scores 4900.

Old September 8th 03, 12:07 AM
First of One

The FX5200 came to life so nVidia could claim "top-to-bottom
DX9-compatibility" and sell more cards to OEMs. In terms of raw speed it is
slower than the Ti500. The FX5200 is absolutely useless because it is too
slow to run future DX9 games anyway.

--
First of One, Primary Adjunctive Grid Alpha-01
Remove "NOT" from Email Address to Reply

Old September 8th 03, 12:37 AM
Stan Linder

U, I and anyone else who brought a FX5200 have been decived.

We thought brand new model, must be better then the old model version. Just
goes to show when u assume, u make an ass out of u and me.

Old September 8th 03, 05:36 AM
Chimera

First of One wrote:
The FX5200 came to life so nVidia could claim "top-to-bottom
DX9-compatibility" and sell more cards to OEMs. In terms of raw speed it

is
slower than the Ti500. The FX5200 is absolutely useless because it is too
slow to run future DX9 games anyway.

in terms of real speed, a MX440 would match it

Old September 8th 03, 12:55 PM
k y l e

I would have expected someone knowledgeable enough to purchase a GeForce3
ti500 would also be clued-up on Nvidia's FX product line and how the 5200s
are crap. Hmmm...