running 3 monitors!! anyone doing this?

Old September 7th 03, 01:05 PM
niicko

Default running 3 monitors!! anyone doing this?

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues running three monitors on their
machine and if so what were they? Also what was/is your setup with regard to
video card and motherboard compatabilities?

I'm running a Supermicro m/b X5DAE (not the scsi version)
my video card is a Quadro4 980 XGL
third video card - Not sure yet, hoping to work out one from this thread!
O/S is WinXP Pro
the monitors are Hitachi CM721F

Any help would be much appreciated. At the moment i have my third monitor
not connected but don't want to hook it up until i've done some research on
three monitor configurations. Cheers guys!

Regards,
Nick.

Old September 7th 03, 02:25 PM
Draxen

"niicko" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues running three monitors on their
machine and if so what were they? Also what was/is your setup with regard

video card and motherboard compatabilities?

I'm running a Supermicro m/b X5DAE (not the scsi version)
my video card is a Quadro4 980 XGL
third video card - Not sure yet, hoping to work out one from this thread!
O/S is WinXP Pro
the monitors are Hitachi CM721F

Any help would be much appreciated. At the moment i have my third monitor
not connected but don't want to hook it up until i've done some research

on
three monitor configurations. Cheers guys!

Why are you running three monitors ? Is global warming not moving fast
enough for you ?

Old September 7th 03, 02:53 PM
niicko

"Draxen" wrote in message
"niicko" wrote in message
[...]

hahahaa! ..no I'm running Maya and Adobe Premiere/After Effects/Combustion
and all are multi monitor and having three gives you a huge amount of real
estate to play with. Work flow is so much easier and problem solving to. I
can have most stuff open on the screen. At the moment only two are hooked up
until i can make sure introducing a third is not going to make problems!

Nicko.

Old September 7th 03, 04:04 PM
RJT

niicko wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has had any issues running three monitors on their
machine and if so what were they? Also what was/is your setup with regard to
video card and motherboard compatabilities?

Plenty of ppl run 3 monitors on one system.
Why not check out the Matrox Parhelia, with support for 3 monitors on
one AGP card. That way you won't have any compatibility issues.

RJT

Old September 7th 03, 04:25 PM
Draxen

"niicko" wrote in message

"Draxen" wrote in message
"niicko" wrote in message
[...]

Ahh right, I didn't know there were any serious apps that made use of multi
monitor setups, I thought it was restricted to eye-candy demos.

OT: my only similar experience was with the original Doom game many years
ago. Using three PC's you could set it so that two of them just displayed
the left and right views of one player, incredibly useful just to be able to
look left by turning your head. Downside was that setup would take up three
of the maximum four player slots in a Deathmatch.

Old September 7th 03, 04:54 PM
ho alexandre

Draxen wrote:
Ahh right, I didn't know there were any serious apps that made use of multi
monitor setups, I thought it was restricted to eye-candy demos.

Quake]|[ can be used that way, cf. Matrox Parhelia's demos.

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

Old September 7th 03, 05:01 PM
Mangyrat

check out this page http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/
look in the data bace to see what cards work well together. in the gallery i
think one guy has 11 monitors going on one sys. if you run in to any
problems ask in the forum.

--
If life is a bitch then live it like she is drunk and naked.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

Old September 8th 03, 03:18 AM
KeepGood

Wait a second....Why are you even wasting your time posting a newsgroup
about that?

If you want to run three monitors....give it a try.

Windows 98 and above supports multiple monitors, as does the linux X server.
Providing your graphics drivers support multiple displays, it will run.

By the time you got an answer to your post on here, you could have had your
graphics cards installed and found the answer for yourself.

If you are wondering if something would work, try it. If you have a
problem, try your hardest to fix it, then post the newsgroups. Its the best
way to learn.

:-)

Old September 8th 03, 04:42 AM
Mangyrat

so your saying he shuld blindly run out and get the first videocard he saw
and try it? his first post was asking what video card to use for 3rd
monitor.

time to cut and paste.

(third video card - Not sure yet, hoping to work out one from this thread!)

i may be wrong but it sounds like he dont want to spend his $ on the wrong
video card.

Monitors turning off Kaz General 9 February 20th 05 12:15 AM
Prescott P4 2.80E CPU Running at 76 Celcius Brian Overclocking 23 April 9th 04 02:04 AM
spanning multiple monitors with hydravision q20 Ati Videocards 0 November 13th 03 04:11 PM
ati2evxx.exe - What is It? Why is it Running? Other Qs Don Enderton Ati Videocards 1 October 9th 03 11:29 PM
Barton 2500 bundle still running hot after exchange Neil Homebuilt PC's 12 August 19th 03 10:57 AM