GeForce3 Video Problems

Old August 27th 03, 12:39 AM
Eric_S

Default GeForce3 Video Problems

I just got done building my computer and spontaneously my monitor goes
blank. Its not a connection nor monitor a problem, its a video card
problem. Here is the order of things that happened:

1. Monitor goes blank out of the blue

2. I lower the refresh rate from 85 Hz to 60 Hz and the computer
freezes then I get a blue screen

3. I updated my drivers to the latest version and then.... my computer
basically dies. I can't start up my computer anymore. Every time I do
start up I get a blue screen. So, I repair install XP Pro and then
everything seems cool.

4. I keep my refresh rate at 60, but now when I turn Star Craft on, I
get a big black screen and thats it, nothing else. I can't exit it
either; I have to restart my computer to get back.

Note: when I installed my video card as I was building my computer, I
had a little trouble. My video card has a lock clip at the end where
you plug it into the VGA. When I put the video card in and cliped it,
the card couldn't reach the screws. So I put the card into the slot,
screwed it in, then I locked it with the clip. It was a bit of a
stretch but everything seemed to work perfect until now.

Also, my exact card is GAINWARD/CARDEXPERT GeForce 3 Ti200 64MB
(NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 GPU) (
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...E16 814128111
)

and my monitor is NEC/MITSUBISHI MultiSync FE770-BK 17" (BLACK) FLAT
SCREEN MONITOR ( http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduc...ion=24-002-032
)

Things I'm thinking of doing
uninstall and reinstall Video drivers
if that doesn't work - reposition Video card.
Beyond that, I'm not sure.