Aperture size - Can I change it within the OS or MUST it be in the bios?

Old August 10th 03, 07:22 AM
Ron Merts

It's going to be soooo nice when the kiddies are back in school and they
don't have all this free time to waste posting space in the newsgroups.

Ron

"Steve" wrote in message
You're pretty tough behind that keyboard Strontium. By the way, what are

you
going to do when your mummy finds out you post using bad language? Careful
now... you don't want your privledges supended. Then you'll have to dust

off
your blow up doll since you won't have anything else to jerk off to.

"Strontium" wrote in message
Blah.

-
Soapm stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

Want more of an answer, asshole?

You really impress me. Really, you do. A person comes to a news group
for advise. You give him a wrong answer because in your opion he has
not earned the right to have the answer. Then you call others an
asshole? How can you breath with your snooty big ass head stuck so
far up your pompus ass that we see **** stains in your eyes?

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. 'Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

---

Old September 14th 03, 04:11 PM
J.Clarke

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:12:55 GMT
"Axis" wrote:

Actually the CMOS is the physical chip the BIOS is the software you
can manipulate. All x86's have both.

"Steve" wrote in message
. ..
Who is the one with a stick up their butt? I was only inquiring what
mfgs don't let you into BIOS (CMOS for thos who think they know
everything).

Sorry.... I'll be sure not to question your great knowledge ever
again

"Strontium" wrote in message
I was referring to NEWBIES that don't know how to get into CMOS
(BIOS

for
wannabe know-it-alls). So, your point, is moot. Of course BIOS
(AKA

CMOS
FOR THOSE THAT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT) is
accessible. But, dependent on different mfg's, the key to be
pressed to get in varies....SMARTASS.

OH WAIT! I see that you are from Rochester, NY....That explains
quite

bit. I did research in upstate New York, back in `93. You East

Coasters
got sticks up your asses...Just my impression.

Besides, OEM BIOS versions are total crap and really don't have
any

options
for the end user. So, accessing CMOS on a laptop (inherently

proprietary)
is useless, unless you just love looking at the time stamp.

Want more of an answer, asshole?

-
Steve stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

I have worked on a lot of laptops.. Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, HP
,Sony, etc.... have yet to run into one where I cannot access
the BIOS. You may have to hit a differnet ket than F1 or Del to
get into it but so far I have been successful. In fact many of
them you can set a boot up paswword that you set in the BIOS. So
like I asked, what mfgs don't let you in? (plenty is not an
anwser).

"Strontium" wrote in message
Plenty....

-
Steve stood up at show-n-tell, in
, and said:

what manufacturer makes it so you can't access BIOS?

"Strontium" wrote in message
Depends on mfg.

-
Bratboy stood up at show-n-tell, in ,
and said:

really do think that is only controlable via bios. I didnt
realize you couldn't access bios on laptops myself

"Sebastian A. Potthoff"
wrote in message
Hi,

is there a way to change the aperture size within the OS or
must it be in the Bios. Since I have a laptop that does not
allow any chance of accessing the BIOS, I need to find a way
how to change it from within the OS.

Is there a way to do that?

Kind regards,
Sebastian A. Potthoff

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. 'Cause
every now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).
8/4/2003
--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. 'Cause
every now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

---

Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. 'Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit

---

Since we're being pedantic here, the "CMOS" is the physical memory used
to store the "setup", which is a database maintained by the "BIOS" which
is software stored in the "ROM" or "EPROM" or "Flash memory" depending
on what your machine has.

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Old September 14th 03, 05:12 PM
Axis

Actually the CMOS is the physical chip the BIOS is the software you can
manipulate. All x86's have both.

. ..

, and said:

I have worked on a lot of laptops.. Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, HP ,Sony,
etc.... have yet to run into one where I cannot access the BIOS. You
may have to hit a differnet ket than F1 or Del to get into it but so
far I have been successful. In fact many of them you can set a boot
up paswword that you set in the BIOS. So like I asked, what mfgs
don't let you in? (plenty is not an anwser).

"Strontium" wrote in message
Plenty....

-
, and said:

what manufacturer makes it so you can't access BIOS?

"Strontium" wrote in message
Depends on mfg.

-

wrote in message
[...]

Aperture size Sheldon Roger Ati Videocards 18 December 8th 03 11:29 PM
Formatted Size of HD [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 5 October 28th 03 12:44 PM
Agp aperture size Christian General 2 October 28th 03 12:43 AM
Formatting HD - What is max size of C partition? Ralph Wade Phillips Homebuilt PC's 9 September 11th 03 01:46 PM
Exceed mobo maximum HD size with RAID? kony General 1 July 21st 03 05:32 AM