How to tell if a X800 is VIVO?

Old December 18th 04, 10:44 PM
Mark Timerding

Default How to tell if a X800 is VIVO?

Can someone tell me how to tell if my X800 Pro is VIVO?
(supposedly you can overclock it to XT stats only IF it is
a VIVO)

I read about doing this on a website ... and that site said
to insure you have a VIVO look for a YELLOW connector
on the inside edge of the card. If it is there, then it is a VIVO,
if NOT then your card is NOT a VIVO.

Well, mine doesnt have the yellow connector ... so I assumed
my card isnt a VIVO and thus can't use the XT tweak. However
on close exam of the box it came in (the usual built by ATI box)
it clearly says "R420 PRO 256Mb V/VIVO/D ....." So, does that
mean it is a VIVO?

Just curious

Thanks

Old December 19th 04, 07:20 AM
JLC

"Ed Forsythe" wrote in message
I agree Agent777 - If you can't/won't help why berate?

--

I did answer his question. Did even read the OP? It really didn't make much
since so I tried to explain to him what a VIVO card was because it sure

Old December 19th 04, 04:21 PM
Mark Timerding

On 18-Dec-2004, "JLC" wrote:

Do you know what VIVO stands for?

Yes, I know exactly what VIVO stands for ..... and no, this card
does not have a VIDEO in ......so, the question really is "What does
ATI mean by putting VIVO on the box?"

And no, I dont really care if it is VIVO or not, I was just curious
because of the apparent "two different explanations" I was given.

Maybe I will just trash this x800, the 9700 pro, and the 9800 pro
that I have laying around gathering dust (yes, I know I have more/
spend more money on stuff I have no idea what I am getting, but what
the hell, gotta do something with my money)

Maybe I will just go back to using NVIDIA cards ... as it is obvious,
that tho ATI makes decent cards, their support isn't very good, and
apparently the average ATI user are jerks .......

Old December 19th 04, 05:29 PM
Andi Cole

Well said m8.

--
Andi.

Remove only one zero to reply

Old December 19th 04, 06:59 PM
GMAN

In article , "Agent777" wrote:

"JLC" wrote in message

"DeRanger" wrote in message
ble.net...
In article ,
says...
However
on close exam of the box it came in (the usual built by ATI box)
it clearly says "R420 PRO 256Mb V/VIVO/D ....." So, does that
mean it is a VIVO?

Perhaps you should have put a little more thought into it before you not
only paid hundreds for the card but looked like a complete imbicile in
this forum. If you can't determine that you answered your own question
how the hell are you going to softmod that thing with nary a synaps
firing between your ears?

--

To the OP. Did you not buy this card? When you bought the card what did

you
think you where buying? If you paid for a VIVO card and instead got a
regular card, why are you asking us what the card is? Why aren't you

taking
the card back to get what you paid for? Do you know what VIVO stands for?
I'll help you out. It stand for Video in -Video out. So your card has to
have a line in as well as a line out. JLC

Damn you guys are harsh. He had two different answers and came here for
help. It must be nice to be so superior.

Even though i agree the responses were harsh, they are correct.

If the OP has no clue what a composite video input or output jack looks
like (RCA jack, or cinch jack as they are called) and then to go and buy a
video card having no clue as to what a VIVO card is meant for, or its uses, or
if he even needed a VIVO capable card is beyond logic.
Old December 19th 04, 08:12 PM
JLC

"GMAN" wrote in message
If the OP has no clue what a composite video input or output jack
looks

like (RCA jack, or cinch jack as they are called) and then to go and buy a
video card having no clue as to what a VIVO card is meant for, or its
uses, or
if he even needed a VIVO capable card is beyond logic.

Now the OP says he's going to go back to using Nvidia cards because we're
jerks on this group. I thought I smelled a Troll from the first post, but
now it's confirmed. JLC