Raedon 9600 secondary display - Where did it come from?

Old December 3rd 04, 07:06 PM
Philadelphia Frank

Default Raedon 9600 secondary display - Where did it come from?

It seems like my frame rates in Doom 3 went down. Looking around for a
reason, I noticed that I have a secondary display listed in device
manager (a second 9600).

I disabled it from the device manager window. Is there a setting or
jumper that ATI provides that will offer a better way to disable the
second display?

Will that secondary display slow my games down?

Thank you for your time and help;
Frank
Old December 4th 04, 03:15 AM
Shawk

Philadelphia Frank wrote:
It seems like my frame rates in Doom 3 went down. Looking around for a
reason, I noticed that I have a secondary display listed in device
manager (a second 9600).

I disabled it from the device manager window. Is there a setting or
jumper that ATI provides that will offer a better way to disable the
second display?

Will that secondary display slow my games down?

Thank you for your time and help;
Frank

Look on the back of your card.... you see a second output for another
monitor? The secondary display adapter is for that - it's normal and,
AFAIK, wont affect your frame rates.
Old December 4th 04, 09:38 PM
Philadelphia Frank

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:15:54 +0000, Shawk
wrote:

Philadelphia Frank wrote:
It seems like my frame rates in Doom 3 went down. Looking around for a
reason, I noticed that I have a secondary display listed in device
manager (a second 9600).

I disabled it from the device manager window. Is there a setting or
jumper that ATI provides that will offer a better way to disable the
second display?

Will that secondary display slow my games down?

Thank you for your time and help;
Frank

Look on the back of your card.... you see a second output for another
monitor? The secondary display adapter is for that - it's normal and,
AFAIK, wont affect your frame rates.

Thank you for the help. I'll keep looking for the slowdown problem.

Frank