DVI Monitor "no signal" with ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Old September 23rd 04, 09:48 AM
Thomas Bollinger

Default DVI Monitor "no signal" with ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

In the following article two users described the same problem I have,
but no solution was posted:

http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=de...m% 26rnum%3D2
(or see these postings at the bottom of this post)

In short:
My computer shows no picture on my LCD Screen after the XP-Logo ("no
signal" and standby), except when I uninstall all ATI drivers. This
makes me unhappy since I bought this card because of several features
(Video-Out) I want to use and only can be used with driver-software.

Here is my configuration:
OS: Windows XP SP2
Motherboard: ASUS P4P800/GD
Graphics: ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 128 MB
Monitor: ACER LC1721

This is what I have tried so far:
- Installing drivers (Catalyst 4.8 and 4.9) - no DVI Monitor was
detected and it can't be forced to do so or override its own
assumption
- Uninstalling all ATI Software - Monitor works but I have no access
to the ATI features
- Installing ACER Monitor-Driver - is always assigned to the analog
interface, doesn't help

I'd be greatful if somebody could tell me how to solve this issue so I
can use the driver-software with my configuration in order to take
advantage of the cards features.

Thank you - Thomas Bollinger

---------------

Von:Ryan Kunz )
Betrifft:Radeon 9600 Pro Crashes with DVI connection

View this article only
Newsgroups:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Datum:2004-01-01 18:24:45 PST

I have a new machine with a Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB card which crashes
when booting XP to a DVI-connected monitor. It boots fine with the
VGA connector, or with dual-monitors attached. It occasionally (1 out
of 6 times?) boots OK with the DVI.

I have the latest BIOS, chipset drivers, XP updates, monitor drivers,
and Radeon drivers installed. I've tried disabling Fast Write,
reducing from 8x AGP to 4x AGP, and I've even tried a different power
supply, and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Here are my system details:

Antech 380W TruePower 380S power supply (inc. w/Antec Sonata Piano
Black case)
Intel D875PBZ motherboard
Intel P4 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB
1GB (2x512MB) Dual-Channel DDR SDRAM
ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB
Dell 1800FP LCD Monitor
3 HDDs
1 DVD-ROM
1 DVD+/-RW

Thanks for any help you can give...
-Ryan
Beitrag 2 aus der Diskussionsgruppe
Von:jewcifer )

Newsgroups:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Datum:2004-01-07 05:28:52 PST

On 1 Jan 2004 18:24:45 -0800, (Ryan Kunz) wrote:

[...]

I have the exact same problem (sort of)...

I had DVI working for the last 3 months from my 9600 to my mits
nxm76lcd monitor. Then yesterday, gone! poof! Xp won't load at all
with the drivers loaded for the card, it loads fine with "generic"
drivers, but not the ATI drivers. My dual boot of Linux works fine,
but XP, nothing, and I have no idea what happened. It works in XP with
the VGA, but I miss my DVI...any help would be appreciated.

Antech TruePower 330
DIY Clear Case
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
Intel P4 3.0G 800FSB
1 GB Duak Channel DDR
ATI Radeon Pro 128MB
Mitsubishi NXM76LCD monitor
4 HDD's
1 Yamaha CD Burner
1 NEC DVD+/-/RW

Thanks for Ryan and myself,

Michael
Beitrag 3 aus der Diskussionsgruppe
Von:jewcifer )

Newsgroups:alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Old September 24th 04, 12:30 PM
Paul Murphy

"Thomas Bollinger" wrote in message
om...
snip
- Installing ACER Monitor-Driver - is always assigned to the analog
interface, doesn't help

I'd be greatful if somebody could tell me how to solve this issue so I
can use the driver-software with my configuration in order to take
advantage of the cards features.

Thank you - Thomas Bollinger

There's your problem - the monitor inf file should offer you a choice of
Digital and Analog (assuming your monitor is the dual input type) - try
getting the correct/updated drivers (more correctly called an inf file) for
it and then install the ATI drivers etc.

Paul

Old September 29th 04, 02:23 PM
Thomas Bollinger

Paul, thanks for your input. If I get you right here is what I ought to do:
- uninstall (clean-up) all ATI driver sofware
- reinstall the acer.inf file (right click, install)
- reinstall the drivers

I'll try that and post my result, thank you

Old October 1st 04, 12:05 AM
Paul Murphy

Almost my intentions...

"Thomas Bollinger" wrote in message
om...
Paul, thanks for your input. If I get you right here is what I ought to
do:
- uninstall (clean-up) all ATI driver sofware

Using the uninstall utility within add/remove programs and reboot afterwards
(warning: the screen will look horrible when it gets back into windows -
thats normal). That should be all thats required and I certainly wouldn't
recommend things like editing the registry and manually deleting files.
- reinstall the acer.inf file (right click, install)

No - you need to check that this is the correct (and latest) inf file for
your EXACT monitor first. The installation would best be performed AFTER the
next step below (latest driver reinstall) and then a reboot but NOT by right
clicking and selecting install. What you'll need to do is go into device
manager and find the monitor (or whatever monitor is in there), go to its
driver tab and update the driver to the latest correct one you have (Windows
XP has that update driver button), ensuring you select the digital option if
you have it connected that way.
- reinstall the drivers

It would be a good idea (if not already occurred) to install the latest
DirectX (9.0c) before installing the latest drivers. You can see what
version of DirectX is on your machine by typing "dxdiag" (without the
quotation marks) in the run box.

I'll try that and post my result, thank you

Best wishes

Paul