I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen..

Old September 14th 04, 06:21 PM
Chingy

Default I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen..

I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.

I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors using
current drivers for everything..

My machine is 2.8 p4

2 gig RAm

ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Cheers

Old September 14th 04, 09:17 PM
Tim

"Chingy" wrote in message
I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.

I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
using current drivers for everything..

My machine is 2.8 p4

2 gig RAm

ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Are you overclocking the 9800XT? It might be a resulting artifact.

Old September 14th 04, 10:35 PM
Bill Crocker

Sounds like overheating! If you're overclocking...slow it down a little.
If not, check your cooling fans.

Bill Crocker

Old September 15th 04, 08:20 AM
DavidS

White dots in Doom3 were discused in this group several times
a few weeks ago. There are some solutions that help certain people.
Try googling throu this group and you will see.
In my case I don't see any so I can't help you more.

Old September 15th 04, 09:03 AM
Blaedmon

As suggested, downclock your card a little. Use ATiTool for this. D3 pushes
your card, specifically memory. You can also try giving the card power
through its OWN molex - i.e. not shared with anything else. But downclocking
10mhz or so will fix it.

Old September 15th 04, 10:34 AM
Henrik Stavnshøj

"Chingy" skrev i en meddelelse
I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.

I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors
using current drivers for everything..

My machine is 2.8 p4

2 gig RAm

ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Get the ATI performance fix. That solved it for me.
Plus, it makes the game run smoother :-)

/Henrik

Old September 16th 04, 12:48 AM
QV

"Chingy" wrote in message
I need serious help doom 3 and weird white sparkle dots all over screen.

I mean they ain't that bad BUT annoying and they only started after I
upgraded from nvidia ti 4600 to 9800 XT tested on 3 different monitors

using
current drivers for everything..

My machine is 2.8 p4

2 gig RAm

ATI 9800XT 256 MB

Cheers

It's likely defective - hopefully it's still under warranty. When I sent a
description of the "sparkling" problem to ATI, they emailed me back with an
RMA number. I mailed my 9800 back to ATI and a few days later they FedEx'ed
me a new card which is working fine (knock on wood).