ATI drivers with "Powered By" cards?

Old November 9th 03, 07:39 PM
Sept1967

Default ATI drivers with "Powered By" cards?

Is there any reason ATI has "ATI" drivers, and "Powered By" drivers?

Do the Catalyst drivers care either way? Any options lost?

I have a VisionTek 9500Pro, and was wondering if the "ATI" driver would
cause any problems.

Old November 9th 03, 08:11 PM
Stephen Webber

In ,
Sept1967 felt the need to put finger to
keyboard and typed:
Is there any reason ATI has "ATI" drivers, and "Powered By" drivers?

You'd have to ask ATi ;o)

Do the Catalyst drivers care either way? Any options lost?

Nope, and not that I am aware of.

I have a VisionTek 9500Pro, and was wondering if the "ATI" driver
would cause any problems.

I use the normal Cat's with a Crucial Radeon 9700 Pro and a Sapphire Radeon
9600, both work perfectly with them.

HTH

--
Regards,
Stephen

Old November 9th 03, 08:29 PM
patrickp

"Sept1967" wrote in message
Is there any reason ATI has "ATI" drivers, and "Powered By" drivers?

Do the Catalyst drivers care either way? Any options lost?

I have a VisionTek 9500Pro, and was wondering if the "ATI" driver would
cause any problems.

The Catalyst drivers will work with any Radeon card, whether Built by or
Powered by. They will not, however, necessarily work with Mobility chips;
Omegadriver's tweaked versions, however, apparently will.

Optional software (MMC etc) does not necessarily work with all ATi Radeon
cards.

patrickp

Old November 22nd 03, 03:02 AM
Lee

Hello folks
where do you get Omega drivers?
"patrickp" - take five to email me wrote in
message ...

Old November 22nd 03, 03:13 AM
Tim S.

http://www.omegacorner.com/

Old November 22nd 03, 03:53 AM
bob cox

search for them on yahoo would've been the logical thing to do to save
time, but the site is www.omegacorner.com