Halo: NightScope gives me black, not green...

Old October 10th 03, 03:27 PM
Rieper

Default Halo: NightScope gives me black, not green...

I'm using the 3.8 Catalyst and a Radeon 9800 pro. In Halo, on the level
where you need to use the scope, I press the Q (default) button to activate
the nightscope view, but all I get is black in the scope view.

Is this a bug, or something I need to tweak in the display properties for my
Radeon?

Old October 11th 03, 12:08 AM
Jason Ash

"Rieper" waxed eloquent in
:

I'm using the 3.8 Catalyst and a Radeon 9800 pro. In Halo, on the
level where you need to use the scope, I press the Q (default) button
to activate the nightscope view, but all I get is black in the scope
view.

Is this a bug, or something I need to tweak in the display properties
for my Radeon?

Did this to me too, with Cat3.7s' I just bumbled along without the night
scope...

Jason A.
Old October 11th 03, 07:00 AM
Pluvious

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:08:49 -0500, Jason Ash wrote:

"Rieper" waxed eloquent in
:

I'm using the 3.8 Catalyst and a Radeon 9800 pro. In Halo, on the
level where you need to use the scope, I press the Q (default) button
to activate the nightscope view, but all I get is black in the scope
view.

Is this a bug, or something I need to tweak in the display properties
for my Radeon?

Did this to me too, with Cat3.7s' I just bumbled along without the night
scope...

Jason A.

You can solve this bug by forcing 1.4 pixel shaders instead of 2.0. In your
shortcut add the command

-use14

This will enable the pixel shaders 1.4 and not the 2.0 which make the scope have
this black infra-red problem.

Pluvious

Old October 11th 03, 05:04 PM
Treefingers

"Pluvious" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:08:49 -0500, Jason Ash

wrote:

"Rieper" waxed eloquent in
:

I'm using the 3.8 Catalyst and a Radeon 9800 pro. In Halo, on the
level where you need to use the scope, I press the Q (default) button
to activate the nightscope view, but all I get is black in the scope
view.

Is this a bug, or something I need to tweak in the display properties
for my Radeon?

Did this to me too, with Cat3.7s' I just bumbled along without the night
scope...

Jason A.

You can solve this bug by forcing 1.4 pixel shaders instead of 2.0. In

your
shortcut add the command

-use14

This will enable the pixel shaders 1.4 and not the 2.0 which make the

scope have
this black infra-red problem.

Pluvious

----However, does it degrade the rest of the graphics? Will there be any
speed difference by using 1.4 instead of 2.0?

Thank you.

Old October 12th 03, 08:00 PM
Pluvious

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:04:49 GMT, "Treefingers"
wrote:

"Pluvious" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:08:49 -0500, Jason Ash

wrote:

"Rieper" waxed eloquent in
:

[...]

Yes .. it won't look at good.. but it will give you some more FPS and increase
your "speed". Check out this link:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/halopcperformancefaq.html

Pluvious