Real One player doesn't work on secondary display

Old July 14th 03, 02:31 PM
JF

Default Real One player doesn't work on secondary display

"frank" wrote in message
I'm using a PC as a home theater component. Therefore it drives two

displays
(an LCD panel and a projector).
I'm using an ATI 9600 Pro card. The projector is on the secondary display.
Most video applications work when dragged to the secondary display.
However Real player doesn't. It simply stays black.
Is there a way to make this work?
What is the technical reason that this doesn't work?

Sounds like the Real Player app doesn't support overlay on a secondary
display.

Old July 14th 03, 05:55 PM
Pluvious

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:37:40 GMT, "frank" wrote:

I'm using a PC as a home theater component. Therefore it drives two displays
(an LCD panel and a projector).
I'm using an ATI 9600 Pro card. The projector is on the secondary display.
Most video applications work when dragged to the secondary display.
However Real player doesn't. It simply stays black.
Is there a way to make this work?
What is the technical reason that this doesn't work?

Real One is spyware and should not be installed to begin with.

Pluvious

Old July 14th 03, 11:53 PM
frank

Well, I agree with that. But there is some content which comes only as a
real stream which I want to watch.
Is there any software which can be sued to watch real streams?

Old July 15th 03, 05:12 AM
None

Sounds like an overlay issue. Can you set the secondary display as the
primary? Try it.... if it lets you it should fix the problem.

Old July 15th 03, 07:02 PM
patrickp

"Pluvious" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 21:37:40 GMT, "frank" wrote:

I'm using a PC as a home theater component. Therefore it drives two

displays
(an LCD panel and a projector).
I'm using an ATI 9600 Pro card. The projector is on the secondary

display.
Most video applications work when dragged to the secondary display.
However Real player doesn't. It simply stays black.
Is there a way to make this work?
What is the technical reason that this doesn't work?

Real One is spyware and should not be installed to begin with.

Pluvious

Winamp has plugins for Real audio streaming files, so it may also have
plugins for video files. You have to have Real Player on your system so the
plugin can use its codecs, but you can have it completely dormant. That's
what I do for audio real files; additionally, I use ZoneAlarm which would
tell me if Real Player ever tried to call home, and it never has.

patrickp