Which nvidia chipset drivers are newer?

Old February 8th 04, 04:23 AM
Wemic

Default Which nvidia chipset drivers are newer?

Is it the ver 2.41 drivers on the gigabyte site or the ver 3.13 drivers from
the nvidia site? Can't find the release date for the gigabyte drivers.

TIA

Wemic

Old February 8th 04, 05:08 AM
Ruel Smith (Big Daddy)

on Sat February 7 2004 11:23 pm, Wemic decided to enlighten us with:

Is it the ver 2.41 drivers on the gigabyte site or the ver 3.13 drivers
from
the nvidia site? Can't find the release date for the gigabyte drivers.

You're kidding right? Any drivers at the nVidia site would definitely be the
latest. However, the latest drivers aren't always the best. Sometimes, new
video drivers cause headaches not present in the older drivers.

--
Big Daddy Ruel Smith

My SuSE Linux machine uptime:
12:06am up 0:38, 2 users, load average: 0.40, 0.33, 0.24

My Windows XP machine uptime:
Something less...

Old February 8th 04, 05:26 AM
Wemic

Actually, I'm not. If Gigabyte, enhanced or tweaked the nVidia drivers,
they would be newer. That's why I asked about the release date. Perhaps
should have explained that I'm new to the nForce chipsets having been a Via
guy that last several years, thus not acquainted with the numbering
conventions.

Wemic

Old February 8th 04, 06:19 AM
Ruel Smith (Big Daddy)

on Sun February 8 2004 12:26 am, Wemic decided to enlighten us with:

Actually, I'm not.**If*Gigabyte,*enhanced*or*tweaked*the*nVidia* drivers,
they would be newer.**That's*why*I*asked*about*the*release*date. **Perhaps
should have explained that I'm new to the nForce chipsets having been a
Via guy that last several years, thus not acquainted with the numbering
conventions.

I don't believe that Gigabyte enhances anything. I think they simply provide
a central hub for the files that are for your hardware that came with your
motherboard.

--
Big Daddy Ruel Smith

My SuSE Linux machine uptime:
1:19am up 1:50, 2 users, load average: 0.13, 0.06, 0.08

Old February 8th 04, 04:30 PM
Wemic

Ok....thanks. After getting up this morning with a cleared brain I see that
the older nVidia drivers are 2.41s as well. Thanks.

[...]

Intel chipset drivers updated Goran Bosić Asus Motherboards 0 January 20th 05 09:02 AM
Newbie questions po Asus Motherboards 2 January 14th 05 07:19 PM
NVIDIA Unveils New 64-Bit Drivers for NVIDIA nForce Platforms Too_Much_Coffee ® Overclocking AMD Processors 0 April 21st 04 08:15 PM
Any known issues with nVidia chipset drivers and ATI All-In-Wonder 7500 Radeon cards? heymikey Asus Motherboards 0 December 14th 03 03:34 AM
Driver test NVIDIA nForce Unified drivers 3.13 Rob Asus Motherboards 3 November 22nd 03 06:41 PM