Nvidia chipset drivers v5.10 alert

Old September 28th 04, 09:29 PM
Dr Teeth

Default Nvidia chipset drivers v5.10 alert

Just to give you all the heads up on a problem that I had with the
v5.10 Nvidia chipset drivers.

Cutting a looong story short, I found that these drivers were
responsible for my win xp sp2 freezing on bootup. The progress bar
would stop.

System: OS (as above), A7N8X deluxe v2, BIOS 1007, Athlon XP 3200+,
1Gb memory.

I have reverted to v4.24 drivers.

Has anybody any idea how to contact Nvidia so that I can tell them? I
tried to contact them once before, without success.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old September 29th 04, 05:01 PM
Dr Teeth

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:17:55 +0200, "Frank Eden"
wrote:

Solution to this is NOT to install Nvidias SW-IDE drivers included in that
package.
Just click 'No' when asked to install.

The SW-IDE works fine with the v4.24 drivers.

The funny thing is that the 5.10 drivers worked okay for a while and
restoring to the last time that the PC booted did not help. In my
case, I suspect an interaction with my video card drivers (problems
started when I updated them) and the new Nvidia ones.
--
Cheers,

Guy

** HTML email should be treated in the same manner as sexual acts between
** consenting adults. Only done in private places where willing parties, who
** have agreed beforehand, will see it!
Old September 30th 04, 04:17 PM
Frank Eden

Hello,

Solution to this is NOT to install Nvidias SW-IDE drivers included in that
package.
Just click 'No' when asked to install.

If its already too late and you have that freezing problem boot using the F8
key to access the start menu and select 'Last known good configuration'. A
lo of people were able to boot their system again (including me ;-)

Greetings,

Frank

Old October 1st 04, 10:26 PM
Dr Teeth

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:52:36 GMT, "Homer" wrote:

No problems here same drivers ,same board, using an Ati video card.

Humm. Did you install the drivers and then upgrade Catalyst 4.8 to
4.9? That's when things seemed to go pear shaped here.
--
Cheers,

Guy

Old October 13th 04, 08:15 PM
Arnie Berger

Dr Teeth wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:52:36 GMT, "Homer" wrote:

No problems here same drivers ,same board, using an Ati video card.

Humm. Did you install the drivers and then upgrade Catalyst 4.8 to
4.9? That's when things seemed to go pear shaped here.

There was just a brief mention of problems with the Athlon64 chips and
SP2 in the latest issue of PC World. Does anyone know what this is?

Arnie
Old October 13th 04, 09:06 PM
Courseyauto

There was just a brief mention of problems with the Athlon64 chips and
SP2 in the latest issue of PC World. Does anyone know what this is?

Arnie

I have a Gigabyte K8NSNXP 939 motherboard with a Atlon 64 90nm 3500 on XP PRO
and service pack 2 using the 5.10 chipset drivers and no problems.