Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro software bundle Q?

Old January 27th 04, 09:04 PM
Darth Joules

Default Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro software bundle Q?

I've just recently purchased a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro for £200 here
in the UK and there doesn't appear to be any games included. All I
found was the drivers CD. Should my box have included any games? Or
were they omitted from this package to get the price down (which was a
bloody good price). The box was black and green in color if that
helps.

Cheers,

Darth Joules
Old January 27th 04, 09:58 PM
Jon Danniken

"Darth Joules" wrote:
I've just recently purchased a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro for £200 here
in the UK and there doesn't appear to be any games included. All I
found was the drivers CD. Should my box have included any games? Or
were they omitted from this package to get the price down (which was a
bloody good price). The box was black and green in color if that
helps.

Newegg sells this one:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-281&catalog=48&depa=1

for $239.00. If you look at the pictures you can see the box style and the games it comes with.

That's a really good price on a great card.

Jon

Old January 27th 04, 11:10 PM
Glen

I've just recently purchased a Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro for £200 here
in the UK and there doesn't appear to be any games included. All I
found was the drivers CD. Should my box have included any games? Or
were they omitted from this package to get the price down (which was a
bloody good price). The box was black and green in color if that
helps.

Sapphire has two retail versions of (at least some of) their cards, one a
lite version without the software bundle. The two places I've found here
that carry the 9600 XT both have the lite version, though one said they
could get the full version for another CAN$10.