Flashed BIOS, now no RAID drive

Old February 18th 04, 06:08 PM
Craig Burke

Default Flashed BIOS, now no RAID drive

I flashed the BIOS using EZFlash. Seemed to work fine. On boot-up it said
something about wrong CMOS settings. I hit F2 to load default settings and
continue, and it located my RAID drives and booted to Windows. Windows must
have seen some hardware that the old BIOS didn't recognise, and installed
the software for it, and did a reboot. I remembered someone telling me to
clear the CMOS after BIOS flashing, so I cleared it. But, I don't remember
if I let the system try to boot to Windows first before I tried it, or if I
cleared the CMOS because of my problem.

And the problem is...After the BIOS comes up on boot-up, the MBFastTrak378
BIOS doesn't come up to scan the drives like it use to. I have put and old
IDE drive with Windows back on, that's how I'm accesing the internet right
now. I need to get the FastTrak BIOS to come back up after the BIOS runs,
and I don't know how. I've looked in every nook and cranny on my BIOS, and
everything needed to have an S-ATA RAID is enabled. I just need that
FastTrak BIOS to come up and see it. Anyone know a way to enable the
FastTrak BIOS? It just skips that step now.

Thanks for you help,
Craig

Old February 19th 04, 12:51 AM
Ben Pope

Craig Burke wrote:
[...]

Check the boot order.

Clearing CMOS (in my experience) is not usually necessary. However, I may
be using a software switch to clear it automagically :-p

If you still have problems, re-flash, but download the BIOS again, just to
be paranoid, ensure it doesn't come from your browsers cache.

Ben

Old February 19th 04, 02:48 AM
Craig Burke

Since the RAID is no longer scanned, it isn't recognized in the boot order.
Only have two choices...1st floppy drive and CD-ROM drive. No longer have
RAID Array as a choice.

Old February 19th 04, 04:27 AM
Natéag

You probably have to enable SATA in your BIOS.
Advanced Menu/PCI configuration.

On my computer (Asus A78Vx - Award BIOS) SATA drives do not
appear in Boot Menu.