CD/DVD burning with Nvidia IDE driver

Old January 26th 04, 09:52 PM
Ben Pope

Default CD/DVD burning with Nvidia IDE driver

Dr Teeth wrote:
I have an Asus A7N8X deluxe R2.

I have installed the Nvidia driver set v3.13 (including the new IDE
2.0 driver).

I find it impossible to burn CDs or DVDs with these drivers installed,
the whole PC locks up. I have to install the standard Nvidia IDE
drivers (same as MSoft standard IDE drivers but with ATA 133 support).

I know others do not have problems. Both my Win XP partitions are
similarly affected.

I like these IDE 2.0 drivers and would like to carry on using them.
Has anybody fixed this problem?

Why do you like them?

CPU utilisation is no less.

Max speed and sustained transfers are no faster.

They break your burning...

No reason to like them as far as I can tell, just use the MS ones.

(I have an A7N8X Deluxe R2.0 and have benchmarked both drivers, my comments
are based on these tests and the reports of others here and on nForcers
forums.)

Ben