ZALMAN CNPS7000A heat sink + A7N8X-Deluxe

Old December 11th 03, 01:37 PM
George

Default ZALMAN CNPS7000A heat sink + A7N8X-Deluxe

Does anybody know if the ZALMAN CNPS7000A heat sink fits in the A7N8X-Deluxe
(vers 2.0) ?
I'm thinking of using the Zalman to quietly cool a Barton 2500 running at
200 MHz fsb, multiplier = 11?.
currently using stock heatsink from retail processor. current cpu diode temp
= 60C (I'm always running folding @home).
Any other recommendations for quiet cpu cooling?
TIA

Old December 11th 03, 06:30 PM
dgk

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:37:12 GMT, "George" wrote:

Does anybody know if the ZALMAN CNPS7000A heat sink fits in the A7N8X-Deluxe
(vers 2.0) ?
I'm thinking of using the Zalman to quietly cool a Barton 2500 running at
200 MHz fsb, multiplier = 11?.
currently using stock heatsink from retail processor. current cpu diode temp
= 60C (I'm always running folding @home).
Any other recommendations for quiet cpu cooling?
TIA

Same motherboard and I have the 7000AlCu. It overhangs the motheboard
by maybe 1/2 inch. The warning on the Zalman website for this
combination is that it has to clear the power supply. Since I put it
in a fairly large case that is no problem. I think it will fit even a
standard mid case though. It really doesn't overhang by that much. I
was sort of worried about it and got a case larger than I really had
to.

I would say it is very quiet but should point out that my case has 5
fans (not counting the vid card and two in the PSU) so, over all, it's
pretty noisy anyway. I'll kill a few fans soon. It's running around
39c (2500+) at 200*11 so still pretty cool.
Old December 15th 03, 07:02 AM
Jeff Labute

It's a heavy sucker isn't it...
You guys ever worry about too much stress it has on the board?
I'd love a quiet HSF... but I am not a risk taker.

Jeff

Old December 15th 03, 01:51 PM
dgk

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:02:20 GMT, "Jeff Labute"
wrote:

It's a heavy sucker isn't it...
You guys ever worry about too much stress it has on the board?
I'd love a quiet HSF... but I am not a risk taker.

Jeff

I got the Aluminum-Copper instead of just the Copper so it isn't that
heavy. But as long as it uses the holes instead of clipping onto the
socket I think it's a plus. I have no risk of chipping the board
trying to get this off in the future. I can't see it cracking the
board. I've never even seen anyone write about doing that. I have seen
numerous posts about scratching the board trying to get a clippie type
off.

If I was taking it to lan parties or traveling with it I would maybe
have gotten a lighter one but, since it's just going to sit under my
desk, no problem.