W98 drivers installation with A7N266-VM

Old July 23rd 03, 10:12 PM
Richard

Default W98 drivers installation with A7N266-VM

I am trying and failing to install the W98 chipset drivers
successfully on my new A7N266-VM mobo.The installation manual doesn't
seem to tally with the contents of the installation CD, and I just
can't get the sound to work at all because the installation program
can't locate the specific driver files. When installing the drivers it
prompts me to insert the windows98 CD, then tries to extract from the
cab files. I'm really struggling - but millions of people must have
done the same thing as me! Do you have any suggestions please, perhaps
the exact steps in the W98 drivers installation that I should follow.
Latest is that I seem to have all the PCI device drivers installed, by
random selection of files on CD, but just can't get audio to work.

Geforce 6800 drivers Glitch General 3 December 13th 04 09:30 AM
building an AMD system - driver installation order? Nikko General 3 July 31st 04 01:53 AM
Freeze After New Driver Installation hawk Homebuilt PC's 0 May 2nd 04 11:43 PM
A7N8X Deluxe and SATA Drivers Bluescreening Norton Ghost Eyman Asus Motherboards 3 July 7th 03 11:01 AM