Creative Labs has new sound drivers for the X-Fi series of sound cards ! :)

Old March 23rd 08, 02:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive
Skybuck Flying

Default Creative Labs has new sound drivers for the X-Fi series of sound cards ! :)

Hello,

Today I installed new drivers for my X-Fi Elite Pro soundcard:

SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_15_0006.exe (X64)

These drivers now make it possible to use the full 4 GB of ram in my system
! NICE

The installation went smooth.

The sound is more or less the same as before, which is very good/high
quality sound.

I played some Doom 3 with creative labs extra sound pack before and after
installing the drivers.

The only thing left necessary to do was to tweak the sound settings for the
equalizer and the 24 bit crystalizer.

Since I have special settings which make the sound sound even more
beautifull !

I put the equalizer in a diagonal like so:

--------x-----------------
x x

The first few settings lower the bass somewhat... and the most right
settings give it a beautifull sound in doom3 and music as well.

I also had the crystalizer on 65 procent or so but I increased it to 75%.

I also played some battlefield2... that's where I noticed my settings for
the equalizer were a bit too low... for the right side... so I increased
those a little... then I went back to doom... and then I noticed my bass was
a little bit too muted... so I raised the left side a little bit of the
equalizer... and now I am sure it sounds excellent/perfect

I did notice a very little bit of noise popping when going through the
menu's or so and sometimes it seems sounds were cut of from playing or so...
but that probably happens rarely and is probably not much of big deal.

Do I need 4 GB of ram ?

Not yet really... but it's nice to have it just in case

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Old March 24th 08, 11:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive
Skybuck Flying

Nope, these drivers still not perfect.

I was just playing Doom 3 with the new sound drivers.

After the hell level there were hisses and noises which are definetly sound
bugs.

Too bad.

Bye,
Skybuck.