selling 2x geforce 8600 256mb SLI combo (used) with bridge.

Old March 1st 08, 11:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ZoNeHeaD®[_2_]

Default selling 2x geforce 8600 256mb SLI combo (used) with bridge.

Selling due to upgrade. Got an Ultra hehe. cards work perfectly.

Contect

Uk only & its 13quid postage for SD.
Old March 1st 08, 06:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deadguy3[_2_]

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 11:39:51 GMT, ZoNeHeaD® wrote:

Selling due to upgrade. Got an Ultra hehe. cards work perfectly.

Contect

Uk only & its 13quid postage for SD.

dem dar cards aint even worth da cost of da
stamps.
Old March 1st 08, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ZoNeHeaD®[_2_]

depends on your budget. my 2 ultras do out perform them somewhat but there
are people out there who dont have alot of money and still wanna get a
decent game wivout shelling out too much

Old March 1st 08, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

ZoNeHeaD® wrote:

depends on your budget. my 2 ultras do out perform them somewhat but
there are people out there who dont have alot of money and still wanna
get a decent game wivout shelling out too much

Those people should therefore not consider the 8600 256M, especially in
SLI, since the card is a severe underperformer and almost all other
options are superior.
Old March 1st 08, 09:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"ZoNeHeaD®" wrote in message
depends on your budget. my 2 ultras do out perform them somewhat but there
are people out there who dont have alot of money and still wanna get a
decent game wivout shelling out too much

Two 8600GT 256's in SLI underperform an single 8800GS 384Mb card. Which
costs $150 new.

Old March 2nd 08, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ZoNeHeaD®[_2_]

Fact = 7943 pts in 3dmark06 (default bench). I published it cos I was
impressed. Running Crysis in 1024 with a custom autoexec. No framerate drops
at all. Ok the cards aint that good and yes riva slightly overclocked em.
But they make a good team & STABLE crash free COD4 & crysis experience.

Old March 2nd 08, 04:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

"ZoNeHeaD®" wrote in message
Fact = 7943 pts in 3dmark06 (default bench). I published it cos I was
impressed. Running Crysis in 1024 with a custom autoexec. No framerate
drops at all. Ok the cards aint that good and yes riva slightly
overclocked em. But they make a good team & STABLE crash free COD4 &
crysis experience.

Fact: 7943 is a crappy 3DMark06 score for two cards in SLI. Even given that
this syntheetic benchmark is highly CPU dependent, most single 8800GS cards
do well over 9000 and over 10,000 in a high end CPU box. My single 8800GT on
an Opteron 185 2.9Hz (which is far from cutting edge compared to the high
perf Core2Duo lineup gets 10,500 on a single card.

Old March 2nd 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Augustus wrote:
"ZoNeHeaD®" wrote in message
Fact = 7943 pts in 3dmark06 (default bench). I published it cos I was
impressed. Running Crysis in 1024 with a custom autoexec. No framerate
drops at all. Ok the cards aint that good and yes riva slightly
overclocked em. But they make a good team & STABLE crash free COD4 &
crysis experience.

Fact: 7943 is a crappy 3DMark06 score for two cards in SLI. Even given that
this syntheetic benchmark is highly CPU dependent, most single 8800GS cards
do well over 9000 and over 10,000 in a high end CPU box. My single 8800GT on
an Opteron 185 2.9Hz (which is far from cutting edge compared to the high
perf Core2Duo lineup gets 10,500 on a single card.

As usual Augustus, you are accurate and authoritative.

Here are some 3DM2K+6 details of an 8800GTS 512 (678c/1944s/972m) on
WinXP (169.21 Forceware), on an Opteron 185 @ 2.83Ghz (218x13) (2G:
2-2-3-6 DDR)

3DMark2006: 10,460
SM2.0: 4777
SM3.0: 5249
CPU: 2160

FPS SM2.0 (#1/#2): 39.160 / 40.462
FPS SM3.0 (#1/#2): 55.694 / 49.292
CPU FPS: .670 / 1.114

More evidence that the 8800GT is every bit as powerful as the G92 GTS at
1280x960 and that DDR and Socket 939 is still keeping up with newer,
more expensive, gear.

....and the 8600 sucks rocks.
Old March 2nd 08, 08:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

More evidence that the 8800GT is every bit as powerful as the G92 GTS at
1280x960 and that DDR and Socket 939 is still keeping up with newer, more
expensive, gear.

...and the 8600 sucks rocks.

Yep: The 7600GT outperforms it considerably. The actual gaming benches are
crap.
http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=637&p=0

Old March 3rd 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Larry Roberts

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 20:18:55 GMT, "Augustus"
wrote:

More evidence that the 8800GT is every bit as powerful as the G92 GTS at
1280x960 and that DDR and Socket 939 is still keeping up with newer, more
expensive, gear.

...and the 8600 sucks rocks.

Yep: The 7600GT outperforms it considerably. The actual gaming benches are
crap.
http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=637&p=0

Yeah. When the 8600GT came out, I was wanting to upgrade from
my 7600GT, but the benchmarks showed the only thing I'd gain is DX10
features, and the card is too slow for DX10 game performance.