HL2 Episode 2 FPS?

Old October 25th 07, 02:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Fitz[_2_]

Default HL2 Episode 2 FPS?

I'll list the system specs at the bottom. I enabled the console in HL2
Ep2 and displayed FPS. Getting between 52-65 FPS @ 1600X1200 w/8X
antialising and 16X anisotropic filtering, all the other settings maxed
out. Curious as to what others are experiencing.

Antec P180 case (upper hard drive cage removed, optional 120mm fan for
graphics card installed)
AMD AM2 5200+
4 GB Corsair TwinX PC 800 memory
BFG 88640 GTS OC
2X 36GB Raptors (RAID 0)
Maxtor 160GB IDE (storage) Drive
Corsair HX620 PS (600W, 3 12V rails @ 18A per, total rating 50A)
LiteOn SATA DVD Rcdr
Vista 64 bit OS

Running game without turning any services off including Avast Antivirus.
Is there a graphic benchmark that is Vista 64 compatible to compare to?

Thanks,

Fitz
Old October 25th 07, 03:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3122&p=1
Near the bottom of the page is a link to the timedemo used.

Old October 25th 07, 04:21 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Fitz[_2_]

First of One wrote:
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3122&p=1
Near the bottom of the page is a link to the timedemo used.

Thanks...reading the article, looks like I'm doing alright.

Fitz
Old October 25th 07, 07:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Fitz wrote:

Thanks...reading the article, looks like I'm doing alright.

Fitz

Right, cuz you wouldn't want to determine if you were 'doing alright'
by actually playing the game, getting comfortable with it, etc. But
since the article validates your needs, now it's super happy fun time
for you and HL2! You should play 3Dmark 2006, you would like that game
very much!

http://www.futuremark.com/
Old October 25th 07, 09:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Fitz[_2_]

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Fitz wrote:

Thanks...reading the article, looks like I'm doing alright.

Fitz

Right, cuz you wouldn't want to determine if you were 'doing alright' by
actually playing the game, getting comfortable with it, etc. But since
the article validates your needs, now it's super happy fun time for you
and HL2! You should play 3Dmark 2006, you would like that game very much!

http://www.futuremark.com/

I did play the game, was quite comfortable with it, and satisfied with
the system performance....was just curious to see some comparison frame
rates- mostly with Vista (since it supposed to be such a system hog and
many are posting a lot of complaints about it). I was also really
impressed with the way it played BIOSHOCK- DirectX 10 graphics are
impressive. Thanks for the sarcasm though...it's nice to know you can
still go to any newsgroup and be assured of getting at least one
worthless response.
Old October 25th 07, 07:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Fitz wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Fitz wrote:

[...]

Not worthless, just non-validating. Any person who runs 1600x1200 with
full IQ elements active, achieving 60FPS sustained, should not need to
question "is this ok". The results speak for themselves.

Comparative discussions like that are best handled at site-forums with
other like-minded people who post their system specs and results of
popular benchmarks. Some people enjoy that and have great fun with it,
keeping up with the e-Joneses so to speak.

Come to USEnet with a problem and you can get an answer right quick,
just don't be surprised when people don't share your priorities. Notice
how the only answer you got was snark, see why?

Anny way, either someone got the Orange Box and gave you HL2, or you
have some great gaming ahead of you with HL plus the episodes. Welcome
to the party.