XP for now, Hasta la Vista, Vista

Old March 6th 07, 07:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

Default XP for now, Hasta la Vista, Vista

New purchase, 640m, top specs

+ Vista

= Slow, buggy, blah

Install XP on 640m

= Fast, solid, woo hoo

Hasta la Vista, Vista
Old March 6th 07, 01:39 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:37:55 -0600, journey wrote:

New purchase, 640m, top specs

+ Vista

= Slow, buggy, blah

Install XP on 640m

= Fast, solid, woo hoo

Hasta la Vista, Vista

You seemed to reach this conclusion pretty fast but I believe you.
That's why I won't upgrade to Vista till at least SP1 (already in the
works I understand). To be honest, I really don't see any need to do
it except my curiousity. I sure wish it was faster to make me more
anxious to go to Vista.

Thanks Journey for your testing and conclusions. It helps the rest of
us smile !!
Old March 6th 07, 03:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

RnR wrote in message ...
On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 00:37:55 -0600, journey wrote:

New purchase, 640m, top specs

+ Vista

= Slow, buggy, blah

Install XP on 640m

= Fast, solid, woo hoo

Hasta la Vista, Vista

snip

"Japan bombs Pearl Harbor."

Old March 7th 07, 04:02 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Davy

Did ya' know it can delete it's own files.... ?

Microsoft has admitted that speech recognition features in Vista

could be hijacked so that a PC tells itself to delete files or
folders.

Hasta la Vista ~ bang goes the installation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6320865.stm there's some more
read ups in News n' Stuff, one guy reckons it took over 3 hours to
install

A Vista story....

I had read somewhere that a Vista installation would take 20

minutes. Not if you upgrade from XP.

After three-and-a-half hours of churning, at long last the Vista

logo filled my screen.

It was the beginning of a day of anguish.

Would waiting for service pack 1 be enough I ask..? I would have
thought they would have excelled from the Xp saga and got it a little
right... think this is like Xp "a Friday night rush job".

So much for the party they threw for the hackers.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/5413792.stm

These are taken from articles in News n' Stuff, don't know if you seen
them or not.

Davy

Old March 7th 07, 04:02 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Stevo

Mine goes faster than it did with XP. I have 512mb RAM, Pent 4HT,
integrated graphics, and a 160gb hard drive. I have experienced no
problems with my computer since I upgraded, and (because I don't use
it anyway) I disabled speech recognition, so it can't delete itself.

Cheers

Stevo

All in Wonder on Vista, never [email protected] Ati Videocards 19 February 9th 07 03:46 PM
Which Vista: 32 or 64 bit? boostm3 Gateway Computers 2 February 9th 07 02:40 AM
XP vs. Vista Tom Scales Dell Computers 6 January 31st 07 06:57 AM
xp, Hasta la Vista, baby journey Dell Computers 0 January 30th 07 02:47 AM
Vista & AIW Marx Ati Videocards 10 January 4th 07 09:34 AM