Logitech Notebook Pro very dark video

Old February 7th 07, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
joewo

Default Logitech Notebook Pro very dark video

So I just got a brand new Logitech Notebook PRO webcam...the silver
model. This webcam's video is extremely dark...almost to the point of
not being able to recognize myself in video and pictures I take. My
lighting situation is a bright cloudy day with a large tree in my
yard...I am facing my sliding door wearing a white shirt. So I have
plenty of indirect light. The brightness of the day is completely
muted and if you look at the image it looks like the sun is almost
down and I lack proper lighting. I cannot get the camera to show that
I am having a sunny beautiful day at all!! I see there is a hardware
review site showing a pretty decent image from the same webcam I
bought but i cannot get images like this at all.
http://cowboyfrank.net/webcams/Logit...3/Lighting.htm

My images with good lighting all look like the upper right hand image
and I can barely be seen despite my sitting in a well lit room. Here
is my image.
http://joewo.com/stuff/Picture%203.jpg

My last webcam which was one of the very old golf ball cameras, gave a
much different image, showing a bright room and I was well lit.

I don't see a plastic film which is common over the lens of the webcam
so it is not that.

I have the automatic white balance turned on and when I turn it off
and try to pump it up a little bit then I looked color saturated. I
have tried to adjust the other controls but nothing looks lifelike.

The software is the latest version from their site.

When I walk around with the laptop no lighting looks good...when I am
in a dark room a little bit of light comes in and drowns the room
colors out and when I am sitting here by the window everything is
drown out to the point that I cannot see myself.

Has anyone had better luck with this webcam because I am about to
bring it back to BestBuy?

Thanks