Overheating issues advice

Old January 24th 07, 12:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Anthony

Default Overheating issues advice

Just to give people some advice my bfg 6600 gt has been over heating and
werid green squares kept popping up in games. I fianlly decided to open the
computer up and lord and behold the video card around the fan had alot of
dust. I cleaned it up and since then its been at half the tempature. So
thats my advice dust off the inside of your comptuer once in awhile and
performance wil be ALOT better.

Anthony

P.S. Please no flames this is just ment to be friendly

Old January 24th 07, 12:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ShutEye

Just to give people some advice my bfg 6600 gt has been over heating and
werid green squares kept popping up in games. I fianlly decided to open
the computer up and lord and behold the video card around the fan had alot
of dust. I cleaned it up and since then its been at half the tempature. So
thats my advice dust off the inside of your comptuer once in awhile and
performance wil be ALOT better.

Anthony

P.S. Please no flames this is just ment to be friendly

Just did the same with my 6800GT; pulled it out, took off the cover and
cleaned it.
It dropped 40C under load

Old January 24th 07, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:38:33 -0600, "Anthony"
wrote:

Just to give people some advice my bfg 6600 gt has been over heating and
werid green squares kept popping up in games. I fianlly decided to open the
computer up and lord and behold the video card around the fan had alot of
dust. I cleaned it up and since then its been at half the tempature. So
thats my advice dust off the inside of your comptuer once in awhile and
performance wil be ALOT better.

One day I stopped by the local dealer for computer parts and he said
he wanted to show me something. He repairs a lot of computers.

I don't remember what make and model is was now, but the CPU heatsink
was a solid block of dust. There was just a recess for the fan in that
pile of dirt. The video card had already been pulled out and I don't
remember what that was either, but it was not the kind most of us on
here use (they didn't have to bolt the computer to the floor to keep
the fans from moving it)

At any rate, I had never seen a CPU so well insulated that survived,
but that one did.

Anthony

P.S. Please no flames this is just ment to be friendly

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old January 24th 07, 02:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shepİ

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:43:21 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition "ShutEye" sent this :

Just to give people some advice my bfg 6600 gt has been over heating and
werid green squares kept popping up in games. I fianlly decided to open
the computer up and lord and behold the video card around the fan had alot
of dust. I cleaned it up and since then its been at half the tempature. So
thats my advice dust off the inside of your comptuer once in awhile and
performance wil be ALOT better.

Anthony

P.S. Please no flames this is just ment to be friendly

Just did the same with my 6800GT; pulled it out, took off the cover and
cleaned it.
It dropped 40C under load

Spring in the UK is when I clean my system out.Often overlooked but
wait a few months and see how many people have problems with their
systems in the Western Hemi-sphere at that time of year.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558