Driver Help Needed - 7800 GT

Old December 28th 06, 04:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Driver Help Needed - 7800 GT

FEAR keeps locking up and when I called the software company they told
me I need a newer driver for the graphics and the sound.

I've been to the graphic card's manufacturer's site (Jaton) and to
Nvidia and it is hard to tell which driver is the right one.

How do you determine which driver to download for a 7800GT and Windows
XP & AMD X2 4800?

Thanks for your help!

Old December 28th 06, 04:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

In article . com, Bob@
1800-mail.com says...

How do you determine which driver to download for a 7800GT and Windows
XP & AMD X2 4800?

**** sake...it's not rocket science. Go to Nvidias driver page. Select
Graphics Driver, Geforce and TNT2 and then Windows XP.

--
Conor

"You're not married,you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart
Old December 29th 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Sorry for the dumb question, but I wasn't sure which file at Nvidia's
site was the correct one.

Thanks for the response - the file works great.

Conor wrote:
In article . com, Bob@
1800-mail.com says...

Old December 30th 06, 11:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Contumeliorus Florius

No need to be a **** about it.
Old December 30th 06, 01:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Conor

In article , Contumeliorus
Florius says...
On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:27:36 -0000, Conor wrote:

**** sake...it's not rocket science. Go to Nvidias driver page. Select
Graphics Driver, Geforce and TNT2 and then Windows XP.

No need to be a **** about it.

Why? It's plain as day to find. **** em. If they can't be arse or are
too stupid to find such a simple thing, they deserve all the ****
coming to them.

Still, as they probably flip burgers for a living, they'll be used to
it.

Old December 31st 06, 04:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Conor wrote:

Why? It's plain as day to find. **** em. If they can't be arse or are
too stupid to find such a simple thing, they deserve all the ****
coming to them.

Still, as they probably flip burgers for a living, they'll be used to
it.

You should join in these newsgroup discussions to help their, the user's
and novice's needs, not yours. Otherwise, why be here at all?

Be gentle to those who seek answers, this is the type of behavior we
should encourage, not belittle. Don't you agree, Conor?
Old December 31st 06, 01:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Contumeliorus Florius

He's here just to be a self important ****.
Old January 1st 07, 05:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"Contumeliorus Florius" wrote in message

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:53:09 -0500, Mr.E Solved! wrote:

You should join in these newsgroup discussions to help their, the
user's and novice's needs, not yours. Otherwise, why be here at all?

He's here just to be a self important ****.

He's been helpful to a lot of people. But frustration at persistent
laziness or stupidity inevitably surfaces in forums like this one. He's
allowed a bad hair day.

Old January 2nd 07, 01:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Contumeliorus Florius

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:18:31 +1100, DRS wrote:

He's been helpful to a lot of people. But frustration at persistent
laziness or stupidity inevitably surfaces in forums like this one. He's
allowed a bad hair day.

Perhaps, but I don't like seeing noobs insulted because we were all a noob
at one time. Personally, I get more of a kick out of flaming the veterans.