Any way to stop screen blanking when going into NV display properties?

Old July 21st 06, 10:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
EDM

Default Any way to stop screen blanking when going into NV display properties?

As per subject. I'm on an aging though expensive at the time
22" CRT and would like to save wear and tear on it. Every
time I go into Forceware's advanced display properties the
display blanks momentarily. Is there any way to stop this?

Old July 22nd 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Wonder if nVidia's Direct Access feature is causing this. Try this: go in
Windows\System32 and delete/rename the following files:

nvmccs.dll
nvmccsrs.dll

nk.net...

Old July 22nd 06, 05:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
EDM

"First of One" wrote in message news
Wonder if nVidia's Direct Access feature is causing this. Try this: go in
Windows\System32 and delete/rename the following files:

nvmccs.dll
nvmccsrs.dll

Thanks, but same thing happens after renaming and rebooting.

From what I've read, NV disabled Direct Access a while back
because it was actually destroying monitors (primarily LG, but
also some NEC models and other brands as well).

nk.net...

Old July 22nd 06, 09:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
leo

display blanks momentarily. Is there any way to stop this?

i was having the same with a 21" and it drived me mad.
I've connected the pc with a newer monitor , removed and
reinstalled the driver, switched back to the 21" and now
it works fine.

Old July 22nd 06, 10:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
EDM

"leo" wrote in message ...
display blanks momentarily. Is there any way to stop this?

i was having the same with a 21" and it drived me mad.
I've connected the pc with a newer monitor , removed and
reinstalled the driver, switched back to the 21" and now
it works fine.

Thanks. Was the newer monitor a CRT or flat panel, and
was the connection analog or digital?

Old July 22nd 06, 11:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
leo

Thanks. Was the newer monitor a CRT or flat panel, and
was the connection analog or digital?

the 21" is a crt and the newer one was also a CRT.
Both connected with the dsub-15 analog connector.

before you switch back to the 22 verify that blanking
is gone

please tell me if it does the trick, thanks.

Old July 22nd 06, 01:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Compfix

"EDM" wrote in message
ink.net...
"leo" wrote in message
display blanks momentarily. Is there any way to stop this?

i was having the same with a 21" and it drived me mad.
I've connected the pc with a newer monitor , removed and
reinstalled the driver, switched back to the 21" and now
it works fine.

Thanks. Was the newer monitor a CRT or flat panel, and
was the connection analog or digital?

For what its worth. I had this with a 19" CRT monitor when using a BNC
lead. I swapped back to a D-SUB and all was OK.

Bob

Old July 22nd 06, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
John W

This stopped for me when I installed the correct monitor "drivers". I think
it had something to do with the setting Auto-Detect Display Mode Timing?

John W

nk.net...

Old July 23rd 06, 09:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
EDM

"Compfix" wrote in message ...

"EDM" wrote in message
ink.net...
"leo" wrote in message
display blanks momentarily. Is there any way to stop this?

i was having the same with a 21" and it drived me mad.
I've connected the pc with a newer monitor , removed and
reinstalled the driver, switched back to the 21" and now
it works fine.

Thanks. Was the newer monitor a CRT or flat panel, and
was the connection analog or digital?

For what its worth. I had this with a 19" CRT monitor when using a BNC
lead. I swapped back to a D-SUB and all was OK.

As it turns out, all you guys were right. Once I swapped
cables (from BNC to Dsub) and installed the Mitsubishi
2040u INF, the blanking stopped.

But I'm not sure it's worth the slight loss in image quality.
The BNC cable gives a brighter, sharper image with
better dynamic range.

Anyway thanks to all for the helpful advice.

Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA? Dan_Musicant Storage (alternative) 79 February 28th 06 08:23 AM
Catalyst 5.5 Out Mad Englishman Ati Videocards 2 May 17th 05 10:52 PM
new card - driver won't show in display properties Gemin-eye Nvidia Videocards 6 January 15th 05 12:37 AM
Updrade PC Guy Smith General 22 August 15th 04 01:57 AM
display properties gone kjservices Nvidia Videocards 1 July 28th 04 11:26 PM