drivers nvidia 91.31 video playback bug

Old June 26th 06, 12:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default drivers nvidia 91.31 video playback bug

Hi,

I use the official 91.31 drivers on my asus 7800GTX TOP (256Mo PCI-e) on
WINDOWS XP SP2 (latest pached)

i can t playback video (avi, mpg, divx), i use VLC player or WM9

the screen of video are only green and i got the sound

any information about that bug or trouble ?
i search the web about that but nothing

thx

Old June 26th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"freebox" 0147939486@nospam a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi,

I use the official 91.31 drivers on my asus 7800GTX TOP (256Mo PCI-e) on
WINDOWS XP SP2 (latest pached)

i can t playback video (avi, mpg, divx), i use VLC player or WM9

the screen of video are only green and i got the sound

any information about that bug or trouble ?
i search the web about that but nothing

thx

I m the lonely to encounter this trouble ??

Old June 26th 06, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

freebox wrote:
"freebox" 0147939486@nospam a écrit dans le message de news:

Hi,

I use the official 91.31 drivers on my asus 7800GTX TOP (256Mo PCI-e) on
WINDOWS XP SP2 (latest pached)

i can t playback video (avi, mpg, divx), i use VLC player or WM9

the screen of video are only green and i got the sound

any information about that bug or trouble ?
i search the web about that but nothing

thx

I m the lonely to encounter this trouble ??

You're assuming a lot. I think the problem might be something else on
your system and if you give me some more time I'll try to tell you what.
Maybe. Green makes me think overlay.
Old June 27th 06, 04:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Ian O" a écrit dans le message de news:
freebox wrote:
"freebox" 0147939486@nospam a écrit dans le message de news:

Hi,

I use the official 91.31 drivers on my asus 7800GTX TOP (256Mo PCI-e) on
WINDOWS XP SP2 (latest pached)

i can t playback video (avi, mpg, divx), i use VLC player or WM9

the screen of video are only green and i got the sound

any information about that bug or trouble ?
i search the web about that but nothing

thx

I m the lonely to encounter this trouble ??

You're assuming a lot. I think the problem might be something else on
your system and if you give me some more time I'll try to tell you what.
Maybe. Green makes me think overlay.

I assuming that was the drivers because just before i instal it the video
work well (the latest 8x.xx officiale driver)
and juste after a get the trouble!

nothing else was change.

if you need more information just tell me

thx

Old June 27th 06, 10:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

freebox wrote:
[...]

Someone can Help me ?

Old June 27th 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

freebox wrote:

[...]

The green screen will be a compatibility problem with a codec. This
happened a lot after SP2 for XP appeared, although I appreciate you
didn't have this on your last driver. You could just revert to the old
driver for now, but if you feel adventurous try removing DivX, VLC
player, etc, and test Media Player with those absent (for mpeg/avi files
that don't require the extra codecs). If you re-install VLC and DivX,
XVid, etc, please ensure you use the latest releases.

My answer may not be enough to pin-point the exact cause, but it'll be
in the ball park
Old July 2nd 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
McGrandpa

"freebox" 0147939486@nospam wrote in message

"freebox" 0147939486@nospam a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi,

I use the official 91.31 drivers on my asus 7800GTX TOP (256Mo PCI-e) on
WINDOWS XP SP2 (latest pached)

i can t playback video (avi, mpg, divx), i use VLC player or WM9

the screen of video are only green and i got the sound

any information about that bug or trouble ?
i search the web about that but nothing

thx

I m the lonely to encounter this trouble ??

Sorry, I'm not having any issues with the 91.31 x64 WHQL driver set.
Nothing 'wrong' that I can see. I use PowerDVD 6 XP and find it works just
fine. I also use RealOne Alternative and MP 6.7 with XP codec pack. No
problems with video at all so far. Performance is good. All the options
seem to work fine, I've set the control applet back to the old style so I
can find everything easily
My system:
AMD A64 X2 4800+
GA-K8N-SLI
2x1gig PC3200 in dual channel
2x 7800GTX 256meg in SLI
2x Samsung Syncmaster 930B's in DualView
XP Pro x64 and x32 dual boot.
McG.

Win 98: nvidia drivers **** up my system sebt Nvidia Videocards 5 April 11th 06 10:19 PM
64-bit Gold Fingers Homebuilt PC's 6 March 24th 06 06:00 PM
FX 5700 VIVO card and nvidia 81.85 drivers Paul Williamson Nvidia Videocards 1 November 6th 05 12:55 PM
nVidia GeForce4 MX 4000 - Jerky Video John in VA Nvidia Videocards 12 June 6th 05 12:00 AM
Nvidia says two ways to install drivers Dudley Henriques Nvidia Videocards 11 December 8th 03 08:17 PM