6800GT to PCIe based, best deal

Old June 24th 06, 04:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 6800GT to PCIe based, best deal

Hi!

I ahve a Gainward golden sample GeForce 6800 GT card now, what would be the
closest equal or better in PCIe based cards in performanceŽ(i.e. the
cheapest I can get away with when switching without losing performance),
Anya dvice and sugestions are wellcome.

Best Wishes
Thomas

Old June 24th 06, 07:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Thomas Andersson" wrote in message

Hi!

I ahve a Gainward golden sample GeForce 6800 GT card now, what would
be the closest equal or better in PCIe based cards in
performanceŽ(i.e. the cheapest I can get away with when switching
without losing performance), Anya dvice and sugestions are wellcome.

I think the 6800GS is the only 6 series PCIE Nvidia are making now.
Otherwise you need a 7 series.

Old June 24th 06, 12:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

There was a 6800GT PCIe, but they are actually expensive. An equivalent is
the 6800GS (~$200). On the ATi side, there's the X850XT, available for less
than $200.

You can always step up to a 7900GT, which can be found everywhere for less
than $300.

Old June 24th 06, 01:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

First of One wrote:
There was a 6800GT PCIe, but they are actually expensive. An
equivalent is the 6800GS (~$200). On the ATi side, there's the
X850XT, available for less than $200.

You can always step up to a 7900GT, which can be found everywhere for
less than $300.

Thanks, guess I'll have to set a pain treshhold at 300 in order to not lose
performance and go for the best possible within that limit. That would be 7
series then?

Best Wishes
Thomas