PNY FX5900 Ultra vs BFG 6600GT OC which one (Games/HDTV)?

Old March 4th 06, 05:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default PNY FX5900 Ultra vs BFG 6600GT OC which one (Games/HDTV)?

I have these two cards.

Let's say rig A is a AMD 3800 w/ Corsair XMS (dual channel) and slated
for TV/HDTV and Games
Let's say rig B is a AMD 3500 w/ generic memory and slated for only
TV/HDTV

Both have similar boards for FSB, etc. RIg B has disadvantage of
weaker memory.
Which card should go in which rig?

I know the 6600 has a higher clock speed (especially w/ the OC), but
what about the 256Mb for the 5900 Ultra?

My initial guess is probably put the BFG 6600GT OC in rig A. Is this
the best I can do (with these 2 cards and configurations)?

Thanks,
MIchael

Old March 4th 06, 06:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"300" difference in PR rating and low-latency RAM don't make that much of an
impact. The comp with the 6600GT will be faster in games, by something like
40%. Simple as that.

ups.com...

Old March 4th 06, 11:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Thanks for the tip.

How about this specification change:

I was able to overclock my 5900 Ultra from 485Mhz to 511Mhz (Core) and
850Mhz to 950Mhz (Memory)

The 6600GT OC has clock speeds of 525Mhz (Core) and 1050 (Memory).
The 6600GT OC has 128M, the Ultra 256M.

What would be your opinion now on which would be a better fit for rig
A/B?

Thanks,
Michael