MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum cmos bat

Old February 22nd 06, 05:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum cmos bat

Just to let some of the new comers know be very aware before you
buy one of these boards. I have read plenty of good reviews on this
MB but after using it for several months it started to drain cmos
batteries one every two weeks. I started to search forums and it
is now obvious to me I'm not alone. Many report the same problem.
I learned to late but I hope this helps others. Now I contacted
General NanoSystems

Address:
General NanoSystems, Inc.
3014 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Tel: (612) 331-3690
Fax: (612) 331-4082
Toll-Free Line: (888) 467-6776

Email:
Web:
www.nanosys1.com

and they tell me that I must return it for msi RMA and the co. will
have it back in 8-12 weeks depending on how busy they are..
$180 for a motherboard that works for a few months then I have to
be with out my computer for 8-12 weeks I asked for a loaner MB or
if they had any other options, they replied yes buy a new MB.
I can't believe this crap.
Old February 25th 06, 10:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:31:36 -0600, Tester wrote:

Just to let some of the new comers know be very aware before you
buy one of these boards. I have read plenty of good reviews on this
MB but after using it for several months it started to drain cmos
batteries one every two weeks. I started to search forums and it
is now obvious to me I'm not alone. Many report the same problem.
I learned to late but I hope this helps others. Now I contacted

Anyone else here with this problem?

Anyone with this MB that works, And reports 3V for battery?
Old February 25th 06, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:07:43 -0600, Tester wrote:

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 10:31:36 -0600, Tester wrote:

Just to let some of the new comers know be very aware before you
buy one of these boards. I have read plenty of good reviews on this
MB but after using it for several months it started to drain cmos
batteries one every two weeks. I started to search forums and it
is now obvious to me I'm not alone. Many report the same problem.
I learned to late but I hope this helps others. Now I contacted

Anyone else here with this problem?

Anyone with this MB that works, And reports 3V for battery?

I've been using this motherboard since last July. I haven't had
any problems but I never power the system down so if my battery was dead I
don't think I'd know it.

Old February 25th 06, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

I've been using this motherboard since last July. I haven't had
any problems but I never power the system down so if my battery was dead I
don't think I'd know it.

if you had sandra of everest home edition you could tell if battery
was low. Mine reads 1.62v and the battery lasts 3weeks. I'm going to
send it in under warranty but what a pain....

You might want to check it or get a couple of CR2032 batteries if your
going to reboot...
Old February 25th 06, 11:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:29:23 -0600, Tester wrote:

I've been using this motherboard since last July. I haven't had
any problems but I never power the system down so if my battery was dead I
don't think I'd know it.

if you had sandra of everest home edition you could tell if battery
was low. Mine reads 1.62v and the battery lasts 3weeks. I'm going to
send it in under warranty but what a pain....

You might want to check it or get a couple of CR2032 batteries if your
going to reboot...

Here is the status from lmsensors,

VBat: +2.93 V (min = +2.40 V, max = +3.60 V)

It looks fine.
Old February 26th 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Here is the status from lmsensors,

VBat: +2.93 V (min = +2.40 V, max = +3.60 V)

It looks fine.

That looks good to me, thanks for the response. Nice to know

that some of these boards work. Msi forums had a lot of people with

my problem, thought it was a inherent design flaw. How about your

north bridge fan. Mine is getting noisy as well.

Tester

Old February 27th 06, 12:56 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:56:34 -0600, Tester wrote:

Here is the status from lmsensors,

VBat: +2.93 V (min = +2.40 V, max = +3.60 V)

It looks fine.

That looks good to me, thanks for the response. Nice to know

that some of these boards work. Msi forums had a lot of people with

my problem, thought it was a inherent design flaw. How about your

north bridge fan. Mine is getting noisy as well.

Tester

That system is in the same room as a dual Xeon box so I can't tell how
much noise is coming from it because the Xeon drowns out the other
systems. However I also have an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum system in a room by
itself. It's a little noisier then I would like.