K7N2G-L weird multipliers

Old August 21st 03, 05:52 PM
andrew

Default K7N2G-L weird multipliers

All,

Is this a common thing with MSI K7N2G-L motherboards? When I was
playing around with the multipliers on this board and selected 13x the
computer POSTed as if it had been set to a 5x multiplier. 13x166 was
giving me 833 instead of 2166. Weird. Oh yeah, and it wouldn't boot
*at all* on any FSB setting on the 9x multiplier. Why?

Currently running an XP2600+ (12.5x166) at 11.5x200 on 1.65V. Only a
10.5% increase in CPU speed which is a lot less than I was used to with
my old P3 (650@936 = 44%). I'm not complaining though as this thing
rocks

Andrew
Old August 23rd 03, 07:17 AM
steve

i have the exact same issue going on.....but i also have a different
issue....i have 1 stick of mushkin 2700 ram that may or may not be
bad....but if i run at anything over 162*12.5 the system will be
unstable...at 162FSB however it is rock solid.....i have not adjusted the
multiplier though...hmmmm, how does your system run at 166*12.5....can you
run a loop of 3d mark...i cant even run through 10-15 minutes straight..i
want to swap out the mem, but have nothing to test with....but it def has
somthing to do with the FSB, so that leaves memory, processor, mobo.

Steve

Old August 23rd 03, 01:32 PM
andrew

In article , steve
writes
"andrew" wrote in message

[...]

Steve,

Mine is absolutely rock solid at 166*12.5 (it's an XP2600+/333FSB and
that is the default setting for it). I'm using two sticks of Crucial
PC2700 256Mb for the dual channel memory.

I've been running seti@home for a few weeks at 166*12.5 with zero
crashes. In the last few days I've been creeping the FSB up to see
where it gets unstable and I'm currently running 170*12.5 (at 1:1 memory
setting) on default voltages and so far that is rock solid stable too.

As an FYI, I did get it to run at 11.5*200 though that was a tad
unstable, even with slightly raised core voltage - it would run for a
few hours on seti and then crash. However, I did have the memory on 6:5
ratio so it was running 166 (it's only PC2700, not PC3200) so clearly
that is a CPU limitation and not the memory.

Andrew