Wierd PNY Verto 6600 Problem

Old January 18th 06, 01:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Wierd PNY Verto 6600 Problem

Hi All,

I have this strange problem and I was hoping for some recommendations. I
recently replaced an FX5200 128mb with a 6600 256mb model. The machine boots
just fine, but just before the Windoows 2000 login dialog box displays, the
screen blanks out and the monitor goes into low power mode. After several
reboots, the monitor remains on and everything seems to be working fine
(even restarts). All games, open gl and direct x, work just fine.This is an
older system with an ECS P4IBAS motherboard. I have a generic 400w max power
supply. I do have the latest nvidia driver installed and I have tried
earlier version to no avail. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could
be?

Thanks!!

Old January 18th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Your symptoms match several possible causes
Hardware
Power supply problem related to startup, usually internal.
Motherboard problem (BIOS, Timing, etc)
(Does the MBD have built in graphics?)
Graphics Card initialization problem. (Bad connection to motherboard, timing
issue, etc.)
Software
First, you should try booting into safe mode. If this works, a driver may be
the cause.
You may need to completely remove/uninstall video drivers, other than the
windows standard VGA driver. Reboot, and then reinstall the video drivers.

. ..