Quick way to switch from 720p to 1080i resolutions ?

Old January 15th 06, 08:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Quick way to switch from 720p to 1080i resolutions ?

At the moment i have to go though so many menus just to get to the
options.

Would be great if i could have a shortcut on the desktop. Also another
good thing would be it to remeber all my icons possitions and now
screw them arround.

Am i missing somthing. Iam talking about the 720p and 1080i options
you get when you have a HD Tv connected to your pc.

Thanks.

Old January 15th 06, 11:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Miltion wrote:
At the moment i have to go though so many menus just to get to the
options.

Would be great if i could have a shortcut on the desktop. Also another
good thing would be it to remeber all my icons possitions and now
screw them arround.

Am i missing somthing. Iam talking about the 720p and 1080i options
you get when you have a HD Tv connected to your pc.

Thanks.

I can help out partially; here's Desktop Icon Save / Restore...

http://www.midiox.com/?http://www.mi...ft.htm#Desktop

I've been using it forever now and it's very easy, plus it saves icon
positions per resolution. It's available in your context menu on the
desktop as "Save Icon Positions/ Restore..."

For 720/1080, I'm not sure about a desktop shortcut. If the NVIDIA tray
utility isn't quick enough for you (just right click and go to Screen
Resolution), then maybe somebody can hack up a rundll shortcut to the app.
Old January 16th 06, 04:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

The thing is i can chnage it to 1920by1090 but to make it fit to the
screen you need to underscan it as well. nd they brings it down to
1600by900. I dont see that resolution so the Nview no worky as fast
scan. Becuase i have to go though all the menus still to use the
underscan anyways.

OH well.