Dealer recommendation for a tested mobo/CPU/memory combo ?

Old January 10th 06, 12:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Dealer recommendation for a tested mobo/CPU/memory combo ?

I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
assembly.

I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.

Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

Recommendations ?

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Old January 10th 06, 01:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 19:11:46 -0500, Al Dykes wrote:

I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
assembly.

I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.

Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

Recommendations ?

MonarchComputer. I got an X2 4400+ system from them and they did a good
job putting it together. They sell tested combos as well as complete
systems.

Old January 10th 06, 04:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"Al Dykes" wrote

I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
assembly.

I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.

Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

yep

Recommendations ?

Mwave has been excellent to deal with. I buy the tested bundles, $9 and they
update the bios as well. Great price, good service.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Index.hmx?

Old January 11th 06, 04:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

In article , "Steve Young"
bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet says...
"Al Dykes" wrote

I'm beginning to plan my new system and it will be a dual core AMD64.
I can assemble it from parts myself, but this time I'd just as soon
find a dealer that will sell be a CPU/mobo/memory combo as a tested
assembly.

I've got a case, PSU and the rest of the parts on hand.

Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

yep

Recommendations ?

Mwave has been excellent to deal with. I buy the tested bundles, $9 and they
update the bios as well. Great price, good service.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Index.hmx?

Seconded, I regularly take advantage of MWave's tested MB bundles.
Keeps me from spending 2-3 days researching which memory types are
compatible with which motherboard.
Old January 11th 06, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"Toshi1873" wrote

In article , "Steve Young"
bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet says...

"Al Dykes" wrote

Does any mailorder parts dealer do this?

yep

Recommendations ?

Mwave has been excellent to deal with. I buy the tested bundles, $9 and
they update the bios as well. Great price, good service.
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/Index.hmx?

Seconded, I regularly take advantage of MWave's tested MB bundles.
Keeps me from spending 2-3 days researching which memory types are
compatible with which motherboard.

It's really nice to have all 4 pieces assembled and tested. When it arrives, I
simply drop it into a case and connect. No worries about whether the RAM is
properly seated, or messing up the board by pushing too hard, or an
incorrectly set heat sink. And as you say, there's an implied component
compatibility. Too, DOAs are caught before they are shipped. A very nice
service, well worth the small change.