Linux drivers for Suse 10 - help needed

Old January 3rd 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Linux drivers for Suse 10 - help needed

Hi - the nVidia site says Suse Linux users should use Yast to install the
latest drivers, but I can't find a Yast source for the -
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run drivers.

Anyone have a link that I can add to Yast?

Thanks

Joe

Old January 4th 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Joe727 wrote:
Hi - the nVidia site says Suse Linux users should use Yast to install the
latest drivers, but I can't find a Yast source for the -
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run drivers.

Anyone have a link that I can add to Yast?

Thanks

Joe

Dude, google it:

http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-...ler-HOWTO.html

http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/faq/

amoung others given recomended procedures, etc.

Enjoy.
Old January 4th 06, 01:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Beowulf" wrote in message
Joe727 wrote:
Hi - the nVidia site says Suse Linux users should use Yast to install the
latest drivers, but I can't find a Yast source for the -
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run drivers.

Anyone have a link that I can add to Yast?

Thanks

Joe

Dude, google it:

http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-...ler-HOWTO.html

http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/faq/

amoung others given recomended procedures, etc.

Enjoy.

I've been to those sites and they didn't help me. As I mentioned I can't
find a Yast source for the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run drivers. In
other words, when I run Yast, it can't find those drivers. Got it dude?

Joe

Old January 4th 06, 03:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , Joe727
says...

Try following the ****ing instructions posted absolutely EVERYWHERE how
to do it using the NVIDIA.run package then, ****tard.

--
Conor

I'm so grateful to the USA for their contribution to the war on terror.
After all, if they hadn't funded the IRA for 30 years, we wouldn't know
what terror was.
Old January 4th 06, 02:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Joe727
says...

I've been to those sites and they didn't help me. As I mentioned I can't
find a Yast source for the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run drivers.
In
other words, when I run Yast, it can't find those drivers. Got it dude?

Try following the snip the profanity instructions posted absolutely
EVERYWHERE how
to do it using the NVIDIA.run package then, snip the profanity.

--
Conor

Since you don't know a Yast installation source either why did you bother to
post your rant? Parish priest didn't pork you after church last Sunday?

Joe

Old January 4th 06, 05:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , Joe727 says...

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Joe727
says...

I've been to those sites and they didn't help me. As I mentioned I can't
find a Yast source for the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run drivers.
In
other words, when I run Yast, it can't find those drivers. Got it dude?

Try following the snip the profanity instructions posted absolutely
EVERYWHERE how
to do it using the NVIDIA.run package then, snip the profanity.

--
Conor

Since you don't know a Yast installation source either why did you bother to
post your rant?

I've used SUSE. The NVIDIA driver package is listed in YAST Software
Updates. It's not the latest. If you want that, complain to SuSE or get
the ****ing .run package from nVIDIA and use that instead.

Old January 4th 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Joe727 says...

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Joe727
says...

I've been to those sites and they didn't help me. As I mentioned I
can't
find a Yast source for the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1.run drivers.
In
other words, when I run Yast, it can't find those drivers. Got it
dude?

Try following the snip the profanity instructions posted absolutely
EVERYWHERE how
to do it using the NVIDIA.run package then, snip the profanity.

--
Conor

Since you don't know a Yast installation source either why did you bother
post your rant?

I've used SUSE. The NVIDIA driver package is listed in YAST Software
Updates. It's not the latest. If you want that, complain to SuSE or get
the snip the profanity .run package from nVIDIA and use that instead.

--
Conor

If you cannot answer the question in the post , why do you bother to respond
at all? Don't you have a bridge to sit under? Now run along.

Joe

Old January 4th 06, 10:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , Joe727 says...

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Joe727 says...

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Joe727
says...

[...]

I have answered it. What I won't do though is effectively wipe your
arse for you. If you can't work it out, then that's your tough ****.
All the clues are there. It just requires you to think for yourself a
little which, like alot of dumb**** yanks, you can't manage.

Old January 5th 06, 03:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Joe727 says...

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Joe727 says...

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , Joe727
says...

[...]

snip the profanity for you. If you can't work it out, then that's your
tough snip the profanity
All the clues are there. It just requires you to think for yourself a
little which, like alot of snip the profanity yanks, you can't manage.

--
Conor

No, you did not answer my question. You think you did, but you did not.
Now go away.

Joe